We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another driving question due to construction on 89 up north

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Another driving question due to construction on 89 up north

I know I ask which route to take before but do you think since there is construction going on we should just take 89S to 160NE - with a detour to Navajo NM to 163N to go to Bluff from the North Rim?

Or should we stick with the plan of 89N up to Page - then 98SE - 160NE - with a detour to Navajo NM then up 163N to Bluff - catching the Mexican Hat on the way up?

When I asked this question before it was before the constructino and it was determined to take 98 as it was more scenic. Is it still worth it with the construction on 89 North?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,165 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another driving question due to construction on 89 up north

Stick with your original plan. The construction delay is a small trade off. It will really only be a factor for those travelers who are going to Page with a specific tour date and time schedule. The scenery along the stretch where the delays will be is awesome, and slowing down or stopping for a short wait will not be a bad thing. Make the most of it. Take a few extra pictures. You're planning to be in your car for several hours anyway. What's another 20-30 minutes?

2. Re: Another driving question due to construction on 89 up north

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 04:20