We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend getaway... Driving from LA to Scottsdale in December

california
3 posts
Save Topic
Weekend getaway... Driving from LA to Scottsdale in December

I am planning to drive with my family from LA to Scottsdale 2nd week of December. I have two kids who will be travelling with us. We're staying at the Westin Kierland Villas. We're driving Friday night and returning LA Sunday afternoon. I would just like to ask how's the drive in December. Will there be snow on the way?

What are your suggestions for places to visit during our visit.

Thanks for your time.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend getaway... Driving from LA to Scottsdale in December

Unless you go above 5000 feet in elevation there will be no snow. Snow is mostly kept to the higher elevations except on the rare occasion it does get cold enough. Thats a long drive just to spend 1 1/2 days in Scottsdale. I'd just stick to the southern part of Arizona if you only have that short of time. You might be able to squeeze in a few hours to Sedona but thats about it.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,135 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend getaway... Driving from LA to Scottsdale in December

LA to Scottsdale is low desert all the way. Snow woulod be highly unlikely in a hundred years.

3. Re: Weekend getaway... Driving from LA to Scottsdale in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 13:19