We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Links - Post Here

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
167 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Links - Post Here

This forum receives many fine trip reports. To provide a convenient way to access them, please post links to your trip reports and relevant pictures on this thread. It would be helpful to readers to indicate the places and dates covered in the TR. If the length of the link is too long for TA to accept, use http://tinyurl.com or a similar service to reduce the length. Happy reading!

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,641 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
45-minute Helicopter Flight Over the...
575 Reviews
from US$276.99*
US$299.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,129 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
295 replies to this topic
South Jersey, USA
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,865 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: Trip Report Links - Post Here

TR Day 9.....HIke out

http://tinyurl.com/22nn3hf

SJG

South Jersey, USA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,865 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Trip Report Links - Post Here

TR Day 8.....Day at the bottom

http://tinyurl.com/29gqsem

SJG

South Jersey, USA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,865 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: Trip Report Links - Post Here

TR Day 6 & 7......The Hike

http://tinyurl.com/279ehfl

SJG

South Jersey, USA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,865 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: Trip Report Links - Post Here

TR Days 4 & 5

http://tinyurl.com/2bxn4uf

SJG

South Jersey, USA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,865 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
75. Re: Trip Report Links - Post Here

This trip took place Sept 26 - Oct 5 2010

Days 1 - 3

http://tinyurl.com/2fxpl2k

SJG

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
76. Re: Trip Report Links - Post Here

Trip Reports from our hike to Phantom Ranch - October 2010

Part 1: A LITTLE BACKGROUND and ARRIVING AT THE PARK

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g143028-i157-k4021…

Part 2: THE HIKE DOWN and OUR DAY AT THE BOTTOM

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g143028-i157-k4024…

Part 3: THE HIKE OUT and ODDS & ENDS

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g143028-i157-k4029…

Mentioned in this post
Phantom Ranch
Phantom Ranch
421 Reviews
Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
Alabama
Level Contributor
346 posts
Save Reply
77. Re: Trip Report Links - Post Here

Our family of four visited the Grand Canyon, Page, Bryce, and Zion in early October, 2010. Here are links to our trip report…

Part 1, Grand Canyon:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g143028-i157-k4082…

Part 2, Grand Canyon:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g143028-i157-k4082…

Part 3, Page:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60834-i239-k40825…

Part 4, Bryce:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g143015-i1469-k408…

Part 5, Zion and canyoneering:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g143057-i1449-k408…

Part 6, Zion Narrows:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g143057-i1449-k408…

Photos:

flickr.com/photos/…

Mentioned in this post
The Narrows
The Narrows
2,810 Reviews
Zion National Park, UT
United States
Level Contributor
790 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
78. Re: Trip Report Links - Post Here

Trip report April 1-8, 2011. Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Upper Antelope Canyon, Bryce, Zion, Death Valley.

http://tinyurl.com/3gm9ax6

Mentioned in this post
new england
Level Contributor
266 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
79. Re: Trip Report Links - Post Here

My Trip Report, Sedona & GCNP 4/7-4/12/11 ”

Apr 15, 2011, 9:40 AM

First of all a HUGE thanks to all who helped me plan this trip and my constant whining about making it special. It just happens to be special because of it's natural beauty! Another HUGE thanks to RedRox that constantly reminded me to relax and let it happen.....and happen it did. And thanks, for giving me your personal phone # when I had a question......only to find out he hails from my neck of the woods. But, it's no wonder that you've landed in GOD'S COUNTRY and it's magnificience!! A very special and magical part of the world! Thanks.

Here it is:

DAY ONE:

A long trip from Boston to Sedona but worth every moment especially after seeing Bell Rock! OMG!! Heart stopping. All those beautiful red rocks all around us. Awe struck!! We just couldn't believe how magnificent these sites were.....all around us. Red. Pink. no Purple....look around the colors change....turn again.....new colors...new perspective!! How can this be? How can something so magnificent not be from a Higher Power? Created to prove to us He/She exists!! Then we sat on our deck at the hotel ( Kings Ransom Hotel ) only to see more beauty. The words were failing us! Just AWESOME sights all around!!

This evening brought us to the Oak Creek Brewery @ Tlaquepaque for dinner. A very nice place, casual, good food, good spirits, good friends......ah.....life is good!!

DAY TWO:

We woke up to very chilly temps....40's. So much for the shorts and tee shirts. We didn't pack for this weather so off to the Outlets in Oak Creek Village to buy some warm clothing! This weather surprised us. But, we got warm clothes for our our trek to the Verde Canyon Train ride in Clarkdale. Off to Blue Moon for breakfast. Great! Cool place and even cooler waitress!! She was awesome!! Now off to Clarkdale.....

Where on Earth is Clarkdale? A new town, new experiences. We found it and more magnificence! Not the reds & purples but more magnificence just the same!! The Green valley. Sycamores abound....more cliffs....houses in 'no man land'. Wow! People live here? Amazing how rugged some people have become! Wonderful vistas. Eagles flying overhead. OMG! And an Eagles nest with Momma sitting on top! Amazing!! This was a wonderful day!! (BTW.....the gift shop at the train depot is wonderful! I bought a shirt that is gorgeous @ $27.00! I saw this and other similar items @ Tlaquepaque for 2x the price!)

Dinner tonight @ Elote!! Elote.....the Premier restaurant in Sedona and it was at our hotel! The lines begin prior to the 5pm opening of the restaurant.....be prepared to wait 1-3 hrs. No kidding. Our friends went @ 5pm to put in our names and we sat down @ 7pm!! No reservations....but oh, so worth the wait! The cuisine is called 'Mexican' but in all honesty, I've never had Mexican food like this. It's really not Mexican but a Fusion of all the places Chef has lived with a freshness that can't be described. The blends of flavors just test the senses. Do try this wonderful restaurant! 5 thumbs up!

Life is getting better!

DAY THREE:

Welcome Saturday and our Pink Jeep Tour.....NOT! SNOW!! :--( How on Earth? WHAT??? It NEVER snows in Sedona! LOL!! We had to tour by ourselves. We started up to Jerome.... well, actually, 3/4 of the way up.... the steep & winding road to Jerome and after all the slipping and sliding we opted to return to level ground. Jerome would have to wait until the weather would cooperate. So we opted for the Page Springs Winery. Hey, we had to do something!! ;--) And it was a very nice way to stay warm! LOL! After 8 samplings of wine I needed some shopping!! Tlaquepaque here we come!! It's a beautiful shopping area in an old Spanish Missionary. Unfortunately, the snow changed to rain/snow mix and everyone had the same idea......the stores were packed with people. Not conducive to shopping. So.....off to the hotel to finish our champagne on the deck to watch the snowfall on the buttes!! Can't stop we hardy New Englanders! Dinner tonight @

Ken's Creekside Restaurant. Oh, dear.....this is a find!! Small, intimate, AWESOME food.....friendly staff....and JAZZ!! Could it get any better? This was a perfect 10+ !! After the crappy weather this morning only to be rewarded by this experience! Life is GREAT!!

DAY FOUR:

Sunday off to the Grand Canyon! OMG!! The roadway from Sedona (89N) with snow-clad trees was gorgeous! Then as we approached Flagstaff.... more snow. What would the Grand Canyon bring? Well, I highly suggest taking 89 to G.C. (if you have time) for a different perspective. While it's a longer route it's amazing. There are areas where it looks like being on Mars!! Flat and strange land.....then the Painted Desert appears! Words cannot describe this site!! Amazing. Barren. Amazing, nonetheless!! Navajo Indians everywhere selling their wares on the roadside. We stopped in Cameron at the Trading Post, grandsons' name is Cameron....needed to buy him a trinket w/his name!Then as we got onto 64 to G.C.N.P. the topography changed once again! A good look at the reservations and the hardiness of the Indian people. This very barren area in the middle of no where and yet the people survive, as did their ancestors. Such a gift for survival!

The Amazing and Majestic sights awaited us! OMGOODNESS!! The Grand Canyon. It does exist and it IS MAJESTIC!! We were speechless! How can this be real? Be careful, the draw to join the colors is great! How could this land have such magnificient colors and sights? Someone surely is doing this to impress us! Yes, there is a Higher Source. His presence is quite evident. Words once again fail us. It's both Mystical and Spiritual at once!! Almost too much to handle at once. The heart is beating....the eyes not believing.....nothing in this world could have such Beauty....yet it does....right before our very eyes, yet we still had difficulty believing what we were experiencing!! This is a sight that should be a MUST on everyone's bucket list!! What a day!! MAGNIFICIENT!!

The return road to Sedona was much easier and shorter. But, the amazing day had worn it's toll on us. We weren't prepared for the emotions that this magnificience would bring.

Back to the hotel for a nap....that took 2 hrs.! Life is GREATER!!

We were tired. 8pm.....Off to dinner at the Cowboy Club.....which didn't happen because they were full and we didn't make rez....same for the Silver Saddle next door but they both close @ 9pm! We called a couple of more restaurants but they all closed @ 9pm. Who's ever heard of such a thing?

Finally, @ 8:45 we found Picazzo.....basically a pizzeria but better than nothing. Did I mention it's all ORGANIC? I mention this because every other word you read is ORGANIC! I think they should change their name to ORGANIC!! LOL!! I love ORGANIC but not when it's stuffed down your throat. ORGANIC wine, ORGANIC tableware, ORGANIC food.....and on and on. Just a blurb on the menu would have been enough. BTW, the ORGANIC food really wasn't good! I wouldn't recommend nor will we return.

DAY FIVE:

Departure day from Sedona.....very sad, indeed. We'd like to have had more time in Sedona as well as Oak Creek Village area which was charming. Yet another reason to return!

Off to Scottsdale.......

We spent the night at the B.W. Sundial which was a surprise! This hotel has won many awards for it's contemporary style. It's small, on Camelback, great location, and just as nice as you can get! Our room was a huge surprise.....very warm and large w/outdoor patio and jacuzzi in the room. Wow! Too bad we were here just for one night....it was a find! We shopped a little in Old Town but the heat was drawing us to the pool! Imagine, within one day we'd had a 40 degree change in temps within 2 hrs. drive. Arizona is amazing!!

Off to dinner with friends who live locally. They chose Uncle Sal's (www.unclesalsaz.com). If you're in the area I highly recommend this restaurant. It's in a small mall but as fine a restaurant as you'd fine in any large city setting! AWESOME! We had appetizers, salads, entrees and desserts and everyone was oohing and aahing.....a terrific restaurant w/friendly waitstaff. Not large but excellent Italian for this excellent Italian chef! I'm drooling! LOL!!

DAY SIX:

Return home. Breakfast at the hotel....included w/room self-serve and quite substantial. Off to the airport for flight back to Boston. We're exhausted and excited about all we saw and did in 5 short days. We all vow to return for a longer stay and explore Sedona and the surrounding areas! A GREAT time was had by all!!

Side note:

Most breakfasts were at the hotel.....not by choice but because of weather and time. First day @ Blue Moon in Oak Creek Village and it was terrific and the others were provided at the hotel which was just fine. Self-serve but batter provided for hot waffles, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, toast/eng. muffins, 3 cereal choices, muffins, 2 juice choices, coffee & tea. And fresh fruit. Plenty to get the day off to a good start! Next time we'll get to the Coffee Pot that everyone raved about......plans are in motion! ;--)

Cheers!

Contessa

Mentioned in this post
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Bell Rock
Bell Rock
3,974 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Oak Creek Brewery
Oak Creek Brewery
175 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Clarkdale
Clarkdale
Arizona
Elote Cafe
Elote Cafe
4,480 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Pink Jeep Tours Sedona
Pink Jeep Tours Sedona
8,222 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Jerome
Jerome
Arizona
Creekside Inn at Sedona
Creekside Inn at Sedona
516 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Flagstaff
Flagstaff
Arizona
Painted Desert
Painted Desert
2,238 Reviews
Petrified Forest National Park, AZ
Scottsdale
Scottsdale
Central Arizona, AZ
Sundial
Sundial
703 Reviews
Scottsdale, AZ
Scottsdale Camelback Resort
Scottsdale Camelback...
1,022 Reviews
Scottsdale, AZ
Old Town Scottsdale
Old Town Scottsdale
4,560 Reviews
Scottsdale, AZ
Arizona
Arizona
United States
Coffee Pot Restaurant
Coffee Pot Restaurant
2,683 Reviews
Sedona, AZ
Boston...
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
80. Re: Trip Report Links - Post Here

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g31352-i168-k44236…

Sedona, GCNP & Jerome

Mentioned in this post
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Jerome
Jerome
Arizona
Reply to: Trip Report Links - Post Here
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted