We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best evening entertainment in northern Arizona ?

London
Level Contributor
356 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best evening entertainment in northern Arizona ?

Any suggestions ? Or memories of special evenings past that we might find again on our holiday that will wind through the desert parks of northern Arizona, southern Utah, and touches Colorado and New Mexico next September/October ?

Something worth going out of our way for ? Worth choosing lodging to be near ?

Something genuine and local ?

Or where to chase publicity, now or when we arrive ?

My best unexpected surprises on a past California holiday were a Drive-in movie (unknown in UK !) and a live "Paint Your Wagon" at a village theatre in Gold Rush country !

Can you help me beat those ?

Thanks,

Ramblesider

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,722 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best evening entertainment in northern Arizona ?

Stargazing.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best evening entertainment in northern Arizona ?

I was going to say the same thing Redrox ;) GMTA

If you want a little more that just going outside there is Lowell observatory. But really there isn't much. They will have stuff downtown in the Summer in Sept but not really in Oct. You will have to check out

www.azdailysun.com

Most of Flagstaff is a college town. Sometimes the Theatriko group will put out stuff but not sure this year. As far as lodging goes I highly recommend the Inn @ 410 on leroux street which is 4 block from the downtown area and in a nice location. You can walk downtown.

My go list has some other stuff listed as well.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i3541-Northern_…

3. Re: Best evening entertainment in northern Arizona ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 08:24