We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Vegas to Denver - Road Trip (August 09)

Australia
Level Contributor
163 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Las Vegas to Denver - Road Trip (August 09)

It was suggested by some other users that I posted this in the Arizona forum. So here goes...

"After spending a few days in Las Vegas my husband and I are interested in doing a road trip from Las Vegas to Colorado (Denver). Can anyone suggest a scenic route with National Parks along the way and good towns to stop in?

We are thinking of then going from Denver on to Cleveland. Is this crazy? I know this is about a 21+ hour trip. Please advise, we aren't sure if it would be better just to fly onto Cleveland? Is there any standout places that we would pass through? If we did drive from Denver to Cleveland? We would allow a maximum of 10 days from Las Vegas to Cleveland.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks so much".

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,214 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Vegas to Denver - Road Trip (August 09)

I'd use 9 days to drive from LV to Denver and then fly to Cleveland.

Great places to stop along the way include Grand Canyon NP 1 night, Sedona AZ 2-3 nights, Page AZ 1 night, to Moab UT via Monument Valley for 2-3 nights, Durango CO, 1 night and on to Denver, via Ouray, Grand Junction and I-70.

Australia
Level Contributor
163 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Vegas to Denver - Road Trip (August 09)

Thanks RedRox!

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,137 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Vegas to Denver - Road Trip (August 09)

I agree-- I live in Ohio and have crossed the states from Cleveland to Denver. Those states are very long and flat and not terribly interesting. Fly, yes!

Australia
Level Contributor
163 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Vegas to Denver - Road Trip (August 09)

Thanks for the comments.

Our plans have changed slightly...

We have decided to fly into Denver and make our way back to Vegas - we now have 5-6 driving days to get to Vegas with 2 days in Denver before we start the trip. Anyone have any itinerary ideas?

Thanks.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,214 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Vegas to Denver - Road Trip (August 09)

Pick two, maybe three places to stop along the way. What do you think you want to do?

Australia
Level Contributor
163 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Vegas to Denver - Road Trip (August 09)

We love the outdoors so we'd love to follow the most scenic route back to Vegas. Stop in some national parks - that type of thing.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Las Vegas to Denver - Road Trip (August 09)

It's all scenic in this part of the world, you'll see! With 5-6 days I'll give you 2 options:

Day 1: Denver-Moab

Day 2: Moab (Arches and Canyonlands NP's)

Day 3: Moab-Monument Valley-Page.

Day 4: Page for Horseshoe Bend overlook and Antelope Canyon Drive to GCNP south rim in the afternoon.

Day 5: GCNP south rim

Day 6: Drive to Las Vegas (5 hours)

Another one:

Day 1: Denver-Moab

Day 2: Moab

Day 3: Moab to Torrey, visit Capitol Reef NP

Day 4: Torrey to Bryce, visit Bryce Canyon NP

Day 5: Bryce to Zion. Visit to Zion

Day 6: Zion in the morning and the 3 hours drive to Las Vegas.

Many other things to see en route.

If this were my first trip to the USA I never would skip Grand Canyon NP.

If you want more details, just let us know.

Tet

8. Re: Las Vegas to Denver - Road Trip (August 09)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2010, 06:15