We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monument Valley...best airport to fly into?

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
300 reviews
Save Topic
Monument Valley...best airport to fly into?

Hello everyone,

This November I want to bring my partner to see this wonderful natural phenomenon and think that as we are coming from the North East (Vermont) that we will probably get good value flights into Las Vegas....or would there be a better place to fly into? Can anyone also advise me how long in driving times it takes to get from Vegas to the valley, and perhaps any advisable routes? Also are there any 'must see' things along the route? Plan to visit for about 6 - 7 days.

Many thanks,

David

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,765 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monument Valley...best airport to fly into?

LV to MV would be about 6-8 hours. The closest airport with any commercial flights would be Page, but only smaller aircraft and only from a few cities. PHX to MV would also be 6-8 hours. The time for the drive will vary depending on weather conditions which can be severe in higher elevations around Flagstaff or in southern Utah.

Add Grand Canyon (South Rim) and Page AZ, or Bryce and Zion NPs in Utah.

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monument Valley...best airport to fly into?

RedRox,

You have made my planning easier...thank you!

3. Re: Monument Valley...best airport to fly into?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2010, 06:23