We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goodbye, Tripadvisor

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Goodbye, Tripadvisor

I'm outta here. TA is not enforcing their posting guidelines, allowing people to post rants / spew garbage either for or against Arizona's immigration law. These posts are not travel related, but they continue to allow them. I'm not going to waste my time trying to help people with travel advice when other people just come to the forum to try to cause trouble.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,310 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goodbye, Tripadvisor

Sorry to hear that Mike. Hope you'll reconsider or post in a forum designed to deal with your issues.

Eagle River, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Goodbye, Tripadvisor

I'm with RedRox - hope you reconsider.

Don't let a few "dunderheads" spoil things for the rest of us.

Giddyup

TUCSON
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Goodbye, Tripadvisor

See ya!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goodbye, Tripadvisor

Come on Mike. We can't miss you. Ignore those posts and maybe take a break but please don't quit.

Tet

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,436 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Goodbye, Tripadvisor

I sympathize with your frustration. It annoys the **** out of me and I am not even an Az resident. I have read your posts MANY times and you're so helpful and knowledgable. I hate to see you go. Maybe take a break-- Let someone else deal with it for awhile?

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,044 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Goodbye, Tripadvisor

Don't let a few spoil sports ruin it for you. You are so helpful to so many. Please reconsider.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,648 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Goodbye, Tripadvisor

Ditto the above. Take a break, let things settle out, but don't give up the ship.

Cape Girardeau, Mo
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Goodbye, Tripadvisor

>"I'm not going to waste my time trying to help people with travel advice when other people just come to the forum to try to cause trouble"<

That's just it Mike--you are NOT wasting your time with travelers needing advice. If you are wasting your time, it is with the troublemakers. You are one of the most knowledgeable posters on this forum, and your advice is extremely helpful to travelers. Please reconsider, and just ignore the troublemakers, otherwise--they win.

Edited: 08 June 2010, 14:31
Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,648 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Goodbye, Tripadvisor

StLcardfan has hit the issue squarely on the head. We need the good guys to stick around.

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
356 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Goodbye, Tripadvisor

Come on MIke......be a trouper. Just ignore the posts you don't want to comment on. I mean....I have friends that are both Republicans (conservatives) AND Democrats (liberals). I ALWAYS try not to hold that against them.

Like I always say......if you hear me agreeing with a Democrat OR a Republican......you can pretty much figure ......I am just lying. LOL

Edited: 08 June 2010, 16:27