We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Need Spa Resort Assistance!

yvi
Philadelphia area
Level Contributor
26 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Need Spa Resort Assistance!

My boyfriend and I are traveling to Arizona in a couple of weeks for my birthday. We are in our late 40's and my primary reason for choosing AZ is the excellent resort spas. We are looking for quiet, relaxation, good food and not kid friendly. We don't have to eat dinner at resort every night. I prefer a smaller quiet getaway and had identified Boulders and Sanctuary at Camelback for those reasons but now am having doubts while reading reviews regarding "outdated" and not worthy of all of the positive reviews.

In Tucson, I identified Westward Look Resort but some reviews but concerned about the true quality.

It appears it is hard to find a resort with the right balance.

My must haves are:

Not too large ie., Fairmont, JW Marriott-Camelback

Good spa - doesn't have to be large - just good

Exceptional service - I don't want to hear "No" or experience any attitudes

Very nice rooms

Nice to have:

Outdoor shower

Not standard hotel rooms- I don't want to feel like I'm at a traditional hotel

Any advice is appreciated- we are flying in so we can travel a distance

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,054 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Need Spa Resort Assistance!

Most of the resorts do have "standard hotel rooms." But some like the Westward Look has large rooms in smaller separate buildings with their own patios or decks as well as hotel-type rooms. Others have options such as condos or villas. Other than at pools you will not likely find outdoor showers.

Westward Look is fine. Others to consider: Royal Palms in Scottsdale, I have not heard of Sanctuary as being outdated.

yvi
Philadelphia area
Level Contributor
26 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Need Spa Resort Assistance!

Thank you!

When I reread the reviews, some posters complain that the rooms are "tired"

I liked the look of Westward Resort as well but I think the Scottsdale/Phx area will have more to do if we decide to venture outside of the resort than the Tucson area..

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
Level Contributor
2,293 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Need Spa Resort Assistance!

Have you looked at spas in Sedona? I'm not the one to give you specific recommendations, but as far as quiet and less overrun with children, that's the area that comes to mind for me. Very scenic, too.

tucson, az
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Need Spa Resort Assistance!

The Westward Look is child friendly and possibly too large for your needs; they have 241 rooms. They also have limited hours for rooms service/food; I'm not sure if this will fall under your "refusal to hear no" bit or not.

As for the other things you'd like to do, if you give us an idea of what you'd like to do off-property we might be able to help there as there is a lot to do in both Phoenix and Tucson.

yvi
Philadelphia area
Level Contributor
26 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Need Spa Resort Assistance!

Thank you all for your informative responses!

I keep going back to the original reason why I'm flying from Philadelphia to Arizona and that is good spas, change of scenery, and TLC. I realize I may have to compromise one of "must haves" to accomplish this and it may be resort size. What is the best resort spa that will give me the authentic Arizona experience?

6. Re: Help! Need Spa Resort Assistance!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 21:15