We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recs: Feb +/-$250 suite style rooms (Sedona/Scottsdale

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
297 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Recs: Feb +/-$250 suite style rooms (Sedona/Scottsdale

I'm hoping you can help me with hotel suggestions. I've been scouring kayak, vrbo and trip advisor trying to decide on accommodations for a February trip. It'll be 2 adults and a 4-year old. We'll have 2 nights in Sedona and 5 in Phoenix/Scottsdale.

Priorities include a suite style room. Kitchen not a requirement but wouldn't hurt. Would like to have hot tubs (not in room) at each location. Central location would be nice. I like the feeling of a resort. Nice pool area would be great, but I know we are looking at a crap shoot as to weather it will be nice enough to have real pool time. .

I think in Sedona it would be nice to have an Uptown location so we could wander out and walk to restaurants.

In Scottsdale, I liked the look of the Westin Kierland Villas, but the $450/night price tag is a bit much. Also, since we're not needing a whole week, the "rent my time share" options aren't perfect.

Reality is, we'd probably give up the suite (and just plan on tiring the kid out) to stay at a 4 or 5 star, rather than have a huge room at a Hampton Inn. Of course, I'd rather just have it all...

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Phoenix
Phoenix
Central Arizona, AZ
Scottsdale
Scottsdale
Central Arizona, AZ
Hidden Canyon Kayak
Equipment Hire, Kayaking & Canoeing, Hiking & Camping Tours
Lake Powell Paddleboards
Self-Guided Tours & Rentals, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Kayaking & Canoeing, Equipment Hire
Kayak Lake Mead
Kayaking & Canoeing
Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,759 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recs: Feb +/-$250 suite style rooms (Sedona/Scottsdale

Take a look at the Zona Suites & Resort - they have recently renovated and their suites rooms are geared for families, some are actually apartments, full kitchens as well. Perfectly located right next to the Fairmont Princess Resort next to the 101 Freeway. I think they have 3 pools, on site dining and the Princess is within walking distance if you like.

http://www.zonascottsdale.com/

Also check out the Embassy Suites on Paradise Village Pkwy in Phoenix and the Chaparral Suites in downtown Scottsdale for more hotel settings, but with suites options.

Mentioned in this post
Phoenix
Phoenix
Central Arizona, AZ
Scottsdale
Scottsdale
Central Arizona, AZ
2. Re: Hotel Recs: Feb +/-$250 suite style rooms (Sedona/Scottsdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2012, 10:16