We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First 2 wks March with teen-ski Utah alone or with Arizona ?

Montreal
Level Contributor
200 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
First 2 wks March with teen-ski Utah alone or with Arizona ?

My husband and I are planning our March break holiday with our 15 year old son. Initially was planning a 2 week ski-boarding UtAh holiday visiting Snowbird, Alta, Solitude, Brighton, Snowbasin, Powder Mountain. I want to avoid Park City, Deer Valley if at all possible. We are all expert skiers and my son an expert boarder and regularly ski Europe, Whistler, Rockies etc. Son claims he will be "bored" with skiing-boarding and only wants one week of this with parents. We often invite a friend, but this is getting expensive! My husband could also attend a convention in Scottsdale from March 8 to March 11, so we could combine a trip to both Utah and Arizona. As a family we have also twice been to Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon . We have never been to Monument Valley, Lake Powell, Antelope Canyon-however I doubt that the weather will be nice enough in early March. I do not mean to offend anybody, but I would prefer not to ski in Arizona as I do not want to ski artificial snow made of recycled waste water.What itinerary might work out? Any suggestions are most appreciated.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,933 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First 2 wks March with teen-ski Utah alone or with Arizona ?

I'm not really sure what your question is. Is it about the weather for MV and Page area? Yes, it could be cool there. Normal mid-March temps for Page are low 60s in the day and mid 30s at night. MV would be a little cooler than that.

I don't think Arizona ski resorts make artificial snow with recycled waste water.

Montreal
Level Contributor
200 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First 2 wks March with teen-ski Utah alone or with Arizona ?

thank you for your prompt e-mail. You might want to check out the link below regarding the artificial snow. I guess my query has more to do with the weather and the activities we could enjoy. We love photography. We really need to know if we would enjoy visiting these fantastic areas (MV, Bryce Canyon , Antelope Canyon etc. in chilly weather or would we be better off returning one day in the early summer or fall when we could really enjoy boating on Lake Powell as opposed to freezing. I remember swimming in the heat at Slide Rock and we certainly won't be enjoying that type of weather in March! We live in Montreal so unfortunately do not get out as often as we would like to enjoy your magnificent corner of the world.

dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2031670/Arizo…

3. Re: First 2 wks March with teen-ski Utah alone or with Arizona ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2013, 10:43