We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is traffic situation Sedona to Phoenix

Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What is traffic situation Sedona to Phoenix

Wondering if traffic down to Phoenix is bad in the morning. Wondering if we should stay over in Phoenix last night or if pretty uncongested. Flights around 9:30. Departing on July 4.

Also considered last night stay in wickenburg so might be early drive from wickenburg to phoenix

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,691 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is traffic situation Sedona to Phoenix

Inbound traffic on July 4 th in PHX will not be bad. It's a holiday. Allow 2 hours to get from Sedona to the rental center, turn in the car and shuttle to the terminal.

Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What is traffic situation Sedona to Phoenix

I am guessing wickenburg to phoenix also not bad? According to mapquest hour and fifteen min or so

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
57,691 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is traffic situation Sedona to Phoenix

Wickenburg puts you closer to PHX by a little more than 30 minutes, although it takes a little over an hour to get there from Sedona. It's a bit of a detour. I'd actually expect a little more traffic out that way from the holiday Lake Pleasant boaters. Add 15-30 minutes to the recommended time just to be safe with traffic on 74 between Wickenburg and I-17.

Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What is traffic situation Sedona to Phoenix

RedRox....would you expect July 4th traffic to be bad in and around uptown Sedona as most would stay for the holiday. I am theorizing us leaving on the actual holiday would not be so bad. We have 930 flight....would prob depart around 5 a.m. So prob not busy in Sedona but worry about 7 a.m. traffic approaching Phoenix. Still considering driving Phoenix night before but not decided yet

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
57,691 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is traffic situation Sedona to Phoenix

I wouldn't worry about morning traffic on July 4th in Sedona or PHX

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is traffic situation Sedona to Phoenix

Personally I'd stay in Phx with a flight that early but that's just me.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
9 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is traffic situation Sedona to Phoenix

We live in Phoenix half the year and have never found it to be a quick and easy drive from the west valley to the airport. It takes a bit less time now that we have retrieved and dropped off many house guests. There are confusing signs on I-10 as you exit to airport. Navigating the roads in the airport requires paying close attention to the signs. If it were me, I would spend last night (or more) in Scottsdale and use GPS or map quest to plan your route for AM flight. An inn near the airport would be easier still. If you can spare the time (and $), staying in a nice Scottsdale resort for a night or more would be very pleasant, in spite of high temperatures.

8. Re: What is traffic situation Sedona to Phoenix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 07:42