We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scottsdale

Cape Carteret...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Scottsdale

Flying into Phoenix . Can you recommend a place to stay? Scottsdale or Phoenix ? Moderate price.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,165 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scottsdale

Scottsdale and Phoenix are adjacent to each other. It appears that you plan to move on quickly, so I'd try to get out of town and stay somewhere north of PHX, maybe around Anthem.

What time does your flight arrive? How much time do you think you'll be spending in PHX/Scottsdale?

Cape Carteret...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Scottsdale

I arrive in Phoenix at 4:00pm. Time difference is 3 hours behind my time. There's really not much I wanted to see in the Phoenix area. More of what I want to do is in the Sedona area. Hot air ballon ride, Montezuma's Castle,Chapel of the Holy Cross, Jerome, Oak Creek Village,Oak Creek Canyon, Slade Rock. Maybe a guided excursion to the back country (if my back can make it). Wanting some turquoise jewlery.....and good food!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scottsdale

Where in Karen's post does it indicate she plans "to move on quickly." She might want to stay for a week or two, which as is often said about another place, is far too little time to see it all. And why recommend trying to find a hotel in Anthem of all places when she asked for Phoenix/Scottsdale. It is nothing more than a very, very remote bedroom community with very little to do other than go to the grocery store and go home to cook dinner for the family.

Karen: How long do you want to visit Phx/Scottsdale? Of the hundreds of things to do/see/eat and drink there, what do you have on your wish list? What do you consider a moderate price so we can help narrow your choices?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,165 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scottsdale

In that case you need to get to Sedona as soon as possible. The jeep tour should be at the top of your list. But to be honest, with only two nights at Sedona, you won't be able to do it all anyway.

Do you have your lodging booked at the GCNP yet? If not, you need to do that RIGHT NOW.

The drive from PHX to Sedona takes 2 hours. So if you land at 4PM, you could pick up a car and be on the road and in Sedona by 7PM, in the daylight. It would be a long travel day, but you'll wake up in Sedona the next morning and from that moment on, your vacation will begin.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,165 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scottsdale

Don, the OP has several messages tagged into other threads. Not surprised that you missed them.

Lighten up.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scottsdale

Red: But Anthem? Really? Her post crossed mine and I agree if she wants Sedona she can easily make it (depending on the day of the week) before sundown. But, in all fairness, her headline says Scottsdale.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,165 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scottsdale

So in that case you could have simply replied about Scottsdale without questioning my advice.

I used to advise people who needed a quick place to spend a night to stay at Metrocenter. Not anymore. Anywhere above Loop 101 is better and Anthem is about the farthest north without driving for another hour to Camp Verde.

Scottsdale, Arizona
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Scottsdale

You can check out my blog at www.scottsdalepage.com in which I review everything that is hot in Scottsdale!

Scottsdale, Arizona
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Scottsdale

Want the opinion of a native Scottsdale foodie? Check out my blog at http://scottsdalepage.com Thanks!

10. Re: Scottsdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2013, 10:15