We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will this itinerary work?

Dayton, Ohio and...
Level Contributor
525 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Will this itinerary work?

SAT: Fly into Phoenix, Drive to Sedona

SUN: Sedona

MON: Sedona

TUE: Drive to Grand Canyon, Spend the night there

WED: Drive to page

THU: Page

FRI: Drive to Monument valley, Stay overnight

SAT: Late in the day drive back to Phoenix

SUN: Morning flight back to Dayton

Or should I visit Page first and the GC?

Thanks!

Dayton, Ohio and...
Level Contributor
525 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will this itinerary work?

I meant to say, should I vist Page first and then head to GC?

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
4,967 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will this itinerary work?

Considering your trip plan at the moment, it makes more sense to hit Grand Canyon first, but then again it may hinge on lodging availability, especially at the Grand Canyon. That is usually the "lynchpin" around which all plans tend to revolve and evolve. Try to get in park lodging first, www.grandcanyonlodges.com or call 888-297-2757 If nothing is available there (which is entirely possible, but then again we don't know when you're visiting), then Tusayan aka Grand Canyon Village South just outside the park will be your next best option. Info re: Tusayan hotels ->: http://bit.ly/U6kL7G

Another option: reverse your itinerary, head to MV first, then Page, GC then Sedona - that way you'll be closer to Phoenix when it comes time to head back to the airport and home. If you put Monument Valley last on your itinerary, you're facing ~ a 5 hour drive back.

Dayton, Ohio and...
Level Contributor
525 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will this itinerary work?

Thank you!

I am planning to visit in April, ideally the last week of April. I knew GC accomodations will be the most difficult followed by MV. I wanted to call both places and look for avialbility, but wanted to see in what possible ways I can alter the schedule if different days were available.

If I go staright to GC then I can do saturday there. If I do MV first, or with my plan I'll be staying tuesday night there. So, let me check those days for the whole of April first.

Thanks!

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
4,967 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will this itinerary work?

For Monument Valley, try for The View Lodge or Goulding's Lodge.

Dayton, Ohio and...
Level Contributor
525 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will this itinerary work?

I got both reserved. The Bright Angel at GC for tuesday and The view for the saturday. I chose the 2nd floor panaramic view room for the View ($20 more than the standard view) and the cost was kind of high (~$260 with tax). Hope this is reasonable?

So,

SAT: Drive straight to MV (Spend the night there)

SUN: Drive to Page

MON: Page

TUE: Drive to GC (Spend the night there)

WED: Drive to Sedona (May Be drive through Bryce Canyon?)

THU: Sedona

FRI: Sedona

SAT: Sedona and in the evening drive to Phoenix

SUN: Fly back

Thanks!

Edited: 22 January 2013, 18:58
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,155 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will this itinerary work?

You won't regret staying at the View.

Bryce Canyon is in the opposite direction from Sedona from Page. The detour would add about 7-8 hours to your day. Not a good idea IMO.

Dayton, Ohio and...
Level Contributor
525 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will this itinerary work?

I'll be reaching MV around 1-2pm, therefore I will stay as long as I can the following day before heading out to Page. I will most liely be doing the same nd stay as late as I can in Page and head out to GC in the evening, making sure I'll be at GC for the sunset. I am not planning to do much at GC other than viweing the sunset and sunrise, therefore I think I will head out of there relatively early. I don't have to reach Sedona in any hurry, as I pretty much will have three full days there. What is a good place to stop over for a few hours on the way from GC to Sedona?

Dayton, Ohio and...
Level Contributor
525 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Will this itinerary work?

My interests are gorgeous landscapes. I am into photography (The sat I arrive will have 96% moon, i'll die if I can get a good shot of MV with the almost full moon).

9. Re: Will this itinerary work?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2014, 06:20