We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona Broken Arrow tour is it worth ?

Level Contributor
94 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Sedona Broken Arrow tour is it worth ?

Broken Arrow tour in Sedona;is there a justification for 79 $ pp other

than driving on the rocks and unpaved roads ?

Can we access these views also by normal car and roads ?

(ok probably from a distance)

Grand Canyon Adventures
Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Day Trips, Nature & Wildlife Tours
M Diamond Ranch
Sightseeing Tours
Sedona Sacred Earth
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Antelope Canyon X by Taadidiin Tours
Photography Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
17 posts
596 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona Broken Arrow tour is it worth ?

It's the most exciting tour you can imagine. For me it was too exciting and I admit I was frightened. But I am told I am sensitive. They take you un very uneven surfaces that look impossible to drive on. The views are like no other. It's an experience that you can't do by car. This tour is NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. My out of town guest I took on the tour LOVED IT. The next out of town guest I had I took on one of the milder tours.

Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona Broken Arrow tour is it worth ?

You shouldn't attempt to drive this route. I doubt you have the experience to drive this and your rental vehicle company won't allow it.

You can hike the same areas, if you wish.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
62,403 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sedona Broken Arrow tour is it worth ?

The Broken Arrow trail is the most popular for many reasons, including those described above. No you cannot drive it yourself without a properly outfitted 4WD vehicle. You can rent those vehicles in Sedona for $200+ per day. But unless you have experience with driving vehicles and trails like this, I highly discourage it. This is the one place where you should leave the driving to the pros. That way, you can enjoy the views and the narrative and everything else about this unique experience.

Do it early in your visit to Sedona. The thing you will see and hear and learn will make your remaining time in Sedona more meaningful.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sedona Broken Arrow tour is it worth ?

I did a trip to Sedona last May and the Broken Arrow Pink Jeep tour was one of the highlights , It was more thrilling than scary to me and very, very informative. I would highly recommend it as RR says early in the trip.

5. Re: Sedona Broken Arrow tour is it worth ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2014, 06:17