We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northern Arizona October Weather

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
723 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Northern Arizona October Weather

Well after making all my hotel reservations, my husband's vacation request was denied. Argggh!

We are planning 10 nights starting in Sedona, then GCNP, Page, MV, CdC, WInslow and back to Phoenix to fly home. We switch to early October or late October. We're trying to avoid the heat, but don't want to risk inclement weather. How likely are we to encounter weather that would disrupt our trip at the end of October?

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Northern Arizona October Weather

No way to predict weather of course but october is our favorite month to visit Arizona.

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
723 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Northern Arizona October Weather

Tet,

Thanks...I know you mentioned that on one of my other posts. I just felt a little more confident with our original dates since they were closer to the middle of the month. But we will only be delaying the start of our trip by around a week. The lodging reservations work out best at the end of the month, so I think we'll go with that!

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,459 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Northern Arizona October Weather

You should be fine at the end of October.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,165 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Northern Arizona October Weather

Agreeing that any time in October is ideal. Better start checking on lodging availability at all of your destinations. Your dates could be determined by what is currently available. October weekends are some of the busiest in all of northern AZ

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,113 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Northern Arizona October Weather

The weather will be pleasant in the daytime, and cool at night. Keep in mind that you are going to be at many different altitudes which will affect temperature. I have encountered snow in the Grand Canyon and Flagstaff area in late October more than once, but that doesn't prevent getting around and seeing things as long as it is not a major snow storm, which would br somewhat rare at that time of year.

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
723 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Northern Arizona October Weather

Thanks all. We opted to change our dates to late October rather than the beginning of the month.

RedRox,

We had all our reservations made when we found out hubby's vacation request was denied. Waiting on approval for new dates, but was able to snag a rim cabin at Bright Angel for the later visit. I figure I can always change dates again if need be. I hope to have a definitive answer on the new vacation request in the next day or so and then will finalize lodging for our new dates. What a pain!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,165 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Northern Arizona October Weather

I was always self employed. I can't imagine having a boss screw up my vacation plans.

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
723 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Northern Arizona October Weather

LOL...how dare they mess with my vacation. Luckily, I rarely have any dates that are blacked out by work!

9. Re: Northern Arizona October Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2014, 05:17