We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smooth raft trip appropriate for a 6 year old?

Erlanger, Kentucky
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Smooth raft trip appropriate for a 6 year old?

I am finalizing my itinerary for our 10 day circle tour. We are a family of 5 (kids ages are 14, 11 and 6). We will be in Page, AZ March 31 to April 2nd. The Colorado Smooth Raft trip looks amazing but I am wondering if 4 1/2 hours is too long for my 6 year old. I am also worried that it is going to be cold and uncomfortable. The tickets for a family of 5 is quite pricey and I want to be sure the trip will be an enjoyable one.

Thank so much for your help.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,514 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smooth raft trip appropriate for a 6 year old?

I would expect that your 6YO would enjoy the river trip unless the weather is bad. No way to guarantee that element. April can be iffy.

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
4,733 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smooth raft trip appropriate for a 6 year old?

The Colorado River Discovery Float Trip is totally appropriate and safe for children as young as 5. I've sold that trip off and on for a number of years and never had anyone write back saying their kids were bored. The biggest complaint I've probably had was about weather. April can be all over the place weather-wise, so be prepared by bringing a jacket, fleece, sweatshirt, etc. for each member of the family. They allow day packs and tote bags on the raft. Don't forget the sunscreen too even at that time of year. I definitely recommend the trip - no rapids, but lots of beautiful scenery. It's one of the most popular activities in the area and rightfully so. Have fun!

3. Re: Smooth raft trip appropriate for a 6 year old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 04:15