We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking For Waterslides and Horseback Riding

London, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Looking For Waterslides and Horseback Riding

We are looking to take a vacation in the summer months. We would like a place with waterslides and horseback riding on site.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,034 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking For Waterslides and Horseback Riding

That will be a tough order. Plenty of resorts with water slides, and in the summer they offer some pretty attractive deals because tourism declines as temperatures rise. Look at Arizona Grand as one of the favorites. Horseback rides happen further from the city and popular resorts. Most resorts will work with you to coordinate riding events, but they will be off site. Also, because of extreme heat, those rides will only take place in early morning hours, mostly before sunrise. In fact many riding stables shut down their operations in the summer because the heat is just too extreme.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,394 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking For Waterslides and Horseback Riding

I replied to your question a couple of weeks ago:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28924-i139-k64749…

Edited: 20 May 2013, 03:05
Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,394 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking For Waterslides and Horseback Riding

I've also noticed that you've posted this same question in forums ranging from Riviera Maya to Canada, Texas, and North Carolina. If you MUST have horseback riding and "waterslides/lazy rivers" in the same place, then you may find your options quite limited. In many destinations, horseback riding is off-site from the best "resort waterparks". My advice is to find the destination that most interests you, then pick a resort out of the hundreds of (worldwide) resorts with great pools, and then know that you'll likely be driving off-site to go horseback riding.

Edited: 20 May 2013, 03:13
4. Re: Looking For Waterslides and Horseback Riding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2014, 05:17