We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona-Winslow-Page in a day?

southampton u.k
Level Contributor
162 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Sedona-Winslow-Page in a day?

In September we are flying into Pheonix from London and have booked our first night in Sedona. We are booked in for rafting the next morning out of Page so plan to head to Winslow ( to stand on the corner of course) for breakfast at La Posada after leaving Sedona. We assume our body clocks will be all over the place anyway so will be up early. Then from Winslow up to Page for an overnight stay before rafting. Does this sound over ambitious?

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona-Winslow-Page in a day?

Hi

Yes. you'll be up early for sure. If you take fastest way to Winslow via interstate I40 you'll be backtracking from Winslow and on the way to Page you'll find places like Walnut Canyon, Sunset Crater Volcano, Wupatki and Cameron Trading Post on your way. So it is doable but you really must be a great fan of the Eagles going that much out of the way. Hope your Phx flight doesnot arrive too late because you have to count several hours for immigration and the rentalcar pick up. Sedona still is a 2 hours drive from Phx.

Tet

southampton u.k
Level Contributor
162 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona-Winslow-Page in a day?

Thanks tet. We land in phx at 2pm and will have cleared immigration at o'hare on route from London. It seems a shame to miss Winslow after hearing the song for the last 40 years of my life! As long a we make Page to supper time on day 2 we'll be happy. Day 3 involves rafting until noon and then a drive down to Vegas for the night. We like to get around.

Can anyone recommend a good stop for lunch between Windlow and Page please?

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sedona-Winslow-Page in a day?

Yes, great place for lunch will be Cameron Trading Post. Navajo taco here is enough for 2 people. Trust me -lol-

I completely understand why you want to go to Winslow for that. I'm a BIG Eagles fan myself and never fail stopping at the Corner. Even the Flatbed Ford is there (but a new one....) Standing on the Corner in Winslow Arizona. Yes. And La Posada is just awesome.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,176 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sedona-Winslow-Page in a day?

Agreeing that Winslow is a big detour and that Cameron Trading Post would be a better option. Worst part though is that you'll be blowing through Sedona and really missing so much there.

Yes, your body clocks will be upset. There's a strong possibility that you will sleep through the entire raft trip. What else do you have planned for this trip? I'm betting that you could make improvements.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sedona-Winslow-Page in a day?

-lol- Don't think that will happen A. Critical time after the jetlag often is by 3-4 pm when your body clock thinks it's time to go to bed (midnight in Europe)...

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
4,967 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sedona-Winslow-Page in a day?

Knowing where else you're going and what else you're doing might help us advise you better. Working with just this information thus far, I agree that Winslow is a really big detour just for what would ultimately be just a photo op. Map ->: http://goo.gl/maps/BdzuS Sedona is a place that deserves at least 3 days of your time, Page warrants at least 2.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sedona-Winslow-Page in a day?

Different strokes for different folks as always K-Bot.

southampton u.k
Level Contributor
162 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sedona-Winslow-Page in a day?

We leave London 7:45 gmt and arrive pheonix 21:55 gmt, with a 105 minute change at o'hare. Night 1 Sedona (desert quali inn), night 2 Page, (best western plus)night 3 Vegas ( New York New York) night 4 Wrightwood ca ( Canyon Creek Lodge, we went there a few years ago and loved it) then nights 5,6,7 in The Beach House in Hermosa. All in a Mustang convertable. Then back home to the UK and to work for a rest.

Midlife crisis ? Who, Us?

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sedona-Winslow-Page in a day?

-lol- Hope your transfertime at ORD is long enough. We flew ORD many times on the way to Phoenix and we once missed our flight and had to take another one 2 hours later. Depends on immigration and we went before sequester. Don't pack too much driving a convertible with its small boot.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,176 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sedona-Winslow-Page in a day?

Way too much in too little time IMO, that is, if you make that ORD connection.