We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 "Wave" permit for Aug 11th Available

New York
Level Contributor
877 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
1 "Wave" permit for Aug 11th Available

I have a Sunday Aug 11th permit which I reserved, but cannot go that day. I was lucky enough to hop on the BLM site today at Noon EST and grabbed one for the 13th that was unclaimed., Before I put my Sunday permit back, I wanted to see if anyone wanted it. If you do, or know someone who does, please contact me and we can work out a time where I "give back" my permit and you sign onto the site right away and get it.

Not sure if there is any interest, but first person to message me will get it. Figured Id pay it forward here...

If I do not hear from anyone, I will probably put it back for availability Friday evening.

Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
Level Contributor
2,749 posts
816 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 "Wave" permit for Aug 11th Available

oh, wished I could ... what a shame to miss this ...

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 "Wave" permit for Aug 11th Available

Good show Cruscrnshw. Unfortunately we're not there either.

New York
Level Contributor
877 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 "Wave" permit for Aug 11th Available

Well it seems as if I cannot cancel the permit without mailng it in. I hate to think this is going to waste. I am going to leave a message at blm with my info and hopefully they can do something. ..

Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
Level Contributor
2,749 posts
816 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 "Wave" permit for Aug 11th Available

It'll be offered on the day in question on a first come first serve basis

New York
Level Contributor
877 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 "Wave" permit for Aug 11th Available

Good to know. Is house road road driveable from th3 south with a small fwd vehicle?

New York
Level Contributor
877 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 "Wave" permit for Aug 11th Available

The directions via Google maps have me coming from the south and turning right on house Rock but that seems like a long time on it for a small fwd toyota. Blm site only gives directions from Page or Kanab. Being 89 to Page is partially closed I'm not sure what to do here

New York
Level Contributor
877 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 "Wave" permit for Aug 11th Available

I'd it helps ia coming from the south rim at the GC. Buck skin gulch worries me if there is any issues. I won't be able to pass. Best idea for directions? I do not need to check in correct?

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 "Wave" permit for Aug 11th Available

Take House Rock Valley rd from us89. Not us89A. When dry you can manage this drive with your car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oF7q69SUTA Entrance is between milemarkers 25 and 26 and to the parkinglot is 8.4 miles. You have to fill out the trailregister in and out.

New York
Level Contributor
877 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1 "Wave" permit for Aug 11th Available

You are the best Tet...

10. Re: 1 "Wave" permit for Aug 11th Available

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 05:16