We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 day trip to Arizona

Voorhees, New Jersey
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
7 day trip to Arizona

I am planning to spend 7 days visiting Arizona area. I would appreciate any input.

Here is my tentative plan

arrive at Phoenix on late Friday on 3/14/14

day 1 ( 3/15/14 sat ) visit superstition mountains, apache junction and spend some time at Jerome, AZ and spend the night at Cottonwood, AZ

day 2 ( 3/16/14 sun ) drive along the 89A through Sedona, and reach the south entrance of grand canyon. stay the night at the Grand Canyon NP

day 3 ( 3/17/14 mon ) visit the east rim and drive along view points to reach Page, Az. and may be visit the lower antelope canyon, az

day 4 ( 3/18/14 Tues) hike the white pockets and buckskin gulch at the vermillion cliffs - guided tours and spend time at page- lake powell area

day 5 ( 3/19/14 wed) upper antelope canyon, horse shoe bend and drive towards Bryce Canyon UT

day 6 ( 3/20/14 Thurs) spend the day at Bryce canyon and return back to Page- lake powell, AZ

day 7 ( 3/21/14 Fri) Colorado river discovery trip

day 8( 3/22/14) drive back from Page, Az to Phoenix for flight home

I would appreciate any suggestions and modifications for this trip

Thank you

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 day trip to Arizona

Like that you are going to the always overlooked Vermillion Cliffs, but Apache Junction??? Do you have relatives there?

Voorhees, New Jersey
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 day trip to Arizona

I do not have relatives in AZ at all. I wanted to see the superstition mountains, AZ

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 day trip to Arizona

Stop in AJ for an ice cream cone after the Superstitions then move on to better times.

Happy Trails!!!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,765 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 day trip to Arizona

Day 1 is forcing two days worth of driving and exploring into one. Go east and see the Superstitions, AJ and continue north via Payson and the Mogollon rim to Sedona. OR Go west via Wickenburg, Prescott, Jerome and Cottonwood, on to Sedona. Trying to go both ways will be a complete drive by at a rushed pace. Arriving in Sedona before the sun sets is a most dramatic way to end your first day. And hopefully an inspiration to give it some time before departing to Grand Canyon National Park the next afternoon.

Jackson, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
573 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 day trip to Arizona

I recommend the hieroglyphic hike while in the superstitions. Takes 2-3 hours beautiful cactus and desert plants , and hundreds of petroglyphs a round a tiny pool

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 day trip to Arizona

Look pretty good to me but unfortunately you'll miss Zion. Also not sure why you want to stay Cottonwood instead Sedona.

7. Re: 7 day trip to Arizona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 06:18