We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for Arizona

5 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary for Arizona

Hello,

My husband and I are visiting Arizona first time next week for full five days. Our in bound and out bound airport is Phoenix. I want itinerary and accommodation suggestions according to following criteria. Thanks so much in advance. I have always use TA suggestions for my all vacation and it made our vacation very enjoyable.

1. We do not want to cover Grand Canyon this time.

2. Will spend our fifth day in Phoenix since our flight is late night.

3. Would like to visit Sedona valley.

4. Based in New Jersey so suggest some in that respect.

5. Interested in hiking(not very strenuous), landscape, history, culture, and biking.

6. Accommodation: Would like resort, spa, and B&B. Under $300.00 per night.

7. In fifties and healthy and energetic.

Above guidelines should help you give some suggestions.

Thanks.

Hina

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,254 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary for Arizona

Have you done any research on your own? These questions are rather open and generic. You're coming next week and you haven't booked lodging yet?

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,466 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary for Arizona

You're visitng Phoenix next week? This is our extreme high season due to spring training and other events; you may find lodging choices limited and very high priced. I suggest looking on Priceline for your dates, to get an idea of what's available. There are plenty of resorts and nice hotels all around Phoenix. The JW Marriott Camelback Inn and the Westin Kierland are favorites; there's also the Motelucia, the Hermosa Inn, the Royal Palms, and (if you don't mind driving a bit), the Four Seasons and the Boulders. Last week, the FS actually had a great deal on Priceline, so you never know.

Also, since you mentioned biking, you might see if the Bespoke Inn has any rooms available. It's in a great location in Old Town Scottsdale, and they offer bikes complimentary to their guests.

Spend a night or two in Sedona, instead of doing day trips. There are numerous great B&Bs to choose from; start by looking at the listings here on TA. Lots of hiking available, too. I love the West Fork Trail, but there are plenty of others; see the link below. Definitely do a Pink Jeep Tour.

redrockcountry.org/recreation/trails.shtml

In Phoenix, visit the Heard Museum, the Desert Botanical Garden, and perhaps the Musical Instrument Museum, for starters. Spend some time in Old Town Scottsdale, and perhaps Cave Creek and Carefree. Read the 'Things to Do' link on the Phoenix and Scottsdale forums for many more choices.

5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary for Arizona

Thanks for the reply.

We just decided to go somewhere sunny and warm weather and booked the tickets this morning.

After reading forum we are staying at Sedona for two nights and Tuscon two nights and one night at Scottsdale.

Thanks Again.

Hina

5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary for Arizona

Thanks, Hummingbird for your time and reply.

It is our last minute vacation planning to get away from NJ.

As you suggest I am staying two nights in Sedona at Canyon Villa B&B, two nights in Tuscon, and one night in Scottsdale.

Thanks for the tips in Sedona for hiking and Jeep tour, places in Scottsdale/Phoenix.

Looking forward to be in warm weather.

Hina

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,851 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary for Arizona

I would pick either Sedona or Tucson. You want to be able to relax, and no better way than to not have to switch hotels and drive the 4 hours from Sedona to Tucson. As much as I think you would have a good time in Tucson, I would opt for Sedona. It will be about 5 degrees cooler than Tucson, but still a whole lot warmer than NJ.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,254 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary for Arizona

Agreeing. Choose Sedona or Tucson, but not both in so little time. It wastes a full day.

From Sedona you can do day trips to the Grand Canyon National Park and other points nearby. Fortunately, it's been a mild winter and the forecast calls for sun and continued warmth.

7. Re: Itinerary for Arizona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 06:27