We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sleeping accommodation near Grand Canyon Skywalk

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Sleeping accommodation near Grand Canyon Skywalk

Hi

I am looking for a hotel, motel or Bed & Breakfeast close to Grand Canyon Skywalk.

We will be traveling from Barstow, through Kingman and up to the Skywalk in one day. And to keep travel time down, we would like to find a place to sleep before driving to Las Vegas the day after. I have been searching for a place in Dolan Springs and Willow Beach. But I cant find anything on the hotel sites.

So does someone know of any place in that area the might not be on web sites?

Thanks for any help!

Thomas

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sleeping accommodation near Grand Canyon Skywalk

No personal experience but I found this:

www.grandcanyonranch.com/ranch-location.html

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sleeping accommodation near Grand Canyon Skywalk

The Skywalk is a ripoff and not the "real" Grand Canyon. If you've never been there before, I suggest you head to the GC South Rim instead, and spend a night in one of the lodges there. It's far more beautiful. Read the Top Questions on the GC forum for more info on the Skywalk and the South Rim.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sleeping accommodation near Grand Canyon Skywalk

I agree Hummingbird but that was not the question ;-)

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sleeping accommodation near Grand Canyon Skywalk

Yes, I have read the reviews of the Skywalk on YELP and here. And see the negative out cry. But I also see the positive reviews. I am hoping beeing prepaird for the non-paved road, and fees gives us the ability to focus on the positive.

I have been to the South Rim 3 years ago. It is wonderfull. But this time we dont have the time to stay over in that part. So looking for a way to do Grand Canyon and Hoover dam on our way to Las Vegas.

Thomas

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,698 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sleeping accommodation near Grand Canyon Skywalk

The sky walk is on Indian Reservation ground. They have no lodging or sleeping accommodations on site or nearby. A typical sky walk experience lasts about a half hour, plus all the shuttling around and money grabbing. No need to provide sleeping accommodations for that.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,109 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sleeping accommodation near Grand Canyon Skywalk

Peach Springs has a lodge. hualapaitourism.com/tickets-info/…

7. Re: Sleeping accommodation near Grand Canyon Skywalk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 March 2014, 21:34
Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sleeping accommodation near Grand Canyon Skywalk

Tet - I'm aware of that, but some people have no idea that the Skywalk is not the real Grand Canyon, and have never been to the South Rim, either. Hence, I think it's always good to let them know, and let them make the decision. I'd rather do that, than have the OP report back and say "The Skywalk was a ripoff; don't see what's so great about the Grand Canyon!" ;)

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sleeping accommodation near Grand Canyon Skywalk

Yes, that's right. Kingman also has plenty of lodging.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,430 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sleeping accommodation near Grand Canyon Skywalk

There is not much of anything in Dolan Springs.

Since it looks like you are committed to going to the Skywalk,(been there, never going back) there is a place called Grand Canyon Ranch about 5 miles down Diamond Bar Road on the way into GCW.

There is also a motel in Meadview (never stayed there) off Pearce Ferry Road.

Since you are in the neighborhood, there is a very nice Joshua Tree forest at the intersection of Pearce Ferry Road and Diamond Bar. I would also recommend the drive down to South Cove on Lake Mead or you can also drive the dirt road to Pearce Ferry, where the raft trips end.Along the way are nice views of Gregg Basin on Lake Mead.

Pics

https:/…

There used to be a motel at Willow Beach, but it has since been razed and is long gone.Nice new marina and tour of the fish hatchery if you head over there.

Next lodging closer to Vegas is the Hacienda Hotel near the entrance road to Hoover Dam. Some of those rooms have views of Lake Mead.

Edited: 24 March 2014, 19:08