We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any experience with Jacksonport or Villiage Creek State Park

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
120 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Any experience with Jacksonport or Villiage Creek State Park

I'm planning a weekend camping getaway for November and am looking for a campground/state park in Northeast Arkansas. I'd like it to have a playground, as I've got three young kids. I also want electric hook-ups, because we'll be taking a camper. I've looked at Jacksonport and Villiage Creek on the State Park website, but would love some feedback from TAs!

Kara

Mentioned in this post
Arkansas
Arkansas
United States
little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any experience with Jacksonport or Villiage Creek State Park

I’d recommend Crowley’s Ridge State Park. It has a fine campground with water, electricity, bathhouse, and a playground, plus a fishing lake, over 3 miles of trails, and regular interpretive programs. Crowley’s Ridge, one of the original WPA state parks, is located north of Jonesboro and between Paragould and Walnut Ridge in northeast Arkansas.

Mentioned in this post
Jonesboro
Jonesboro
Arkansas
Paragould
Paragould
Arkansas
Arkansas
Arkansas
United States
Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any experience with Jacksonport or Villiage Creek State Park

Check out Craighead Forest Park in Jonesboro.

www.jonesboro.org/Parks/Parks/Craighead.html

Mentioned in this post
Craighead Forest Park
Craighead Forest Park
116 Reviews
Jonesboro, AR
Jonesboro
Jonesboro
Arkansas
3. Re: Any experience with Jacksonport or Villiage Creek State Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 04:19