We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where's a good city to stop at in Arkansas?

Little Rock...
2 posts
Save Topic
Where's a good city to stop at in Arkansas?

I'm looking to stop somewhere along interstate 40, when I drive through Arkansas, which city would you say is the best place to stop at in terms of hotels, good entertainment, restaurants, etc.? Any help would be greatly appreciated. We don't want to stop in Little Rock, Conway, or Fort Smith due to the heavy traffic. We're country folk, so we prefer a small to moderate sized town.

Russellville...
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where's a good city to stop at in Arkansas?

Based on what you're describing, I would recommend that you stop in RUSSELLVILLE, ARKANSAS. Not only because we're located here, but also because it's actually a nice town/city! The reasons that you'll like Russellville is because: (1) Russellville is not a crowded town. We have a modest population of only 28,000 people. (2) Russellville offers a wide variety of restaurants with many different cuisines, including American and international! (3) There are many hotels in Russellville, ranging from $40 to $120 per night. (4) Plenty of entertainment in Russellville. Russellville attracts numerous fishing tournaments and tourism relating to some of the nearby natural attractions like Mt. Nebo, Petit Jean State Park, Lake Dardanelle, Scenic Hwy 7, and a wide variety of hiking and camping destinations. Russellville is right off of interstate 40 (exit 78 to 84). Stop by at the Lake Dardanelle Visitor's Center for a good lake view, numerous hiking trails, and plenty of information about the area. Give it a try. You'll love it.

Here's a link to a list of just some of the things you could do in Russellville.

park-motel.com/Russellville_Area_Attractions…

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where's a good city to stop at in Arkansas?

I'll second the Russellville suggestion. It was the first city I thought of as well. Been through there quite a few times last few years. It is a nice looking city. Not too large. It does have a decent amount of restaurants and hotels, probably due to the fact that it's a college town. It's our jumping off point to go leaf peeping at Mounts' Magazine and Nebo.

3. Re: Where's a good city to stop at in Arkansas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 09:18