We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get mom to the airport

Houston, Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
how to get mom to the airport

my mom is in mountain home, ar. i got her plane tickets in little rock, ar. grey hound has apparently never heard of mountain home...anyone have any suggestions how to get my elderly mother from mountain home to little rock to catch the plane?

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get mom to the airport

This is tough. There is a local taxi service in Mountain Home but delivery to the Little Rock airport would be a whopping $300.00. That phone number is 870-425-3039. Another alternative would be hiring the taxi to transport her to a gas station in Harrison AR (about $100 taxi fare) where every day Jefferson Lines buses pick up at 3:10 pm (one bus per day) and arrives in Little Rock at 6:00 pm. The Jefferson number is 800-451-5333 and you might be able to get info off their web at www.jeffersonlines.com. The approximate bus fare from Harrison to Little Rock is $50.00. Wish I had better news.

Edited: 02 July 2012, 21:38
Houston, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get mom to the airport

thanks for the info

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get mom to the airport

Call Mountain Home Charter Services at 1-800-844-3214. They are a motorcoach company in Mountain Home AR that mainly does charter trips but I think they have some regular bus service to certain locations.

4. Re: how to get mom to the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 20:20