We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend trip out of the area for underage college kids

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend trip out of the area for underage college kids

Okay, guys, I'm a student at U of A Fayetteville and the semester is getting to me. I'm wanting to take a weekend trip somewhere within a 3 hour driving distance with some friends. Out of state is fine.

We want to shop, relax, and club* on a student budget. Any recommendations?

*Most of us are under 21, so a place with no 18 and up clubs wouldn't be much fun.

Fayetteville...
Destination Expert
for Seabrook Island
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend trip out of the area for underage college kids

How about Branson? It's two hours away; has shopping and you can veg-out. I'm not knowledgable on the club scene:)

Only three more weeks of class! You can do this!

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend trip out of the area for underage college kids

Branson is a good suggestion but google shows slim hopes for underaged clubs in that Missouri location. Dallas, Ok City, St Louis and K City are all beyond your travel time and it is getting cold to travel north to some of these anyway! I'd probably save my money for a spring trip to the red-neck riviera. By the way, you probably are aware of the restrictions in some areas against renting hotel rooms to those under 21. I don't agree with it myself as 18 year olds are defending our country and voting for our president, but it's life in the travel industry. Enforcement varies with the chain and community.

3. Re: Weekend trip out of the area for underage college kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 10:18