We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stop on I-55 on route to Memphis

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stop on I-55 on route to Memphis

In October will be driving from St. Louis to Memphis, TN.

i will be driving through Arkansas. out of respect for the state. on that route, i think its I-55

what would be recommend stop one can make? any towns or attractions that one can quickly stop at on route.

reason I want to actually stop in the state to say i was there and not just drive through it.

thanks

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stop on I-55 on route to Memphis

Here are two interesting historical sites in NE Arkansas, not far from I-55..

Southern Tenant Farmers Museum - Arkansas State University

stfm.astate.edu/‎

The Southern Tenant Farmers Museum enhances knowledge and understanding of tenant farming and agricultural labor movements 117 N Main St  Tyronza, AR

and.............

Hemingway-Pfeiffer Museum - Arkansas State University

hemingway.astate.edu/‎

The Hemingway-Pfeiffer Museum and Educational Center in Piggott, Arkansas includes a barn-studio associated with Ernest Hemingway and the family home of his wife Pauline Pfeiffer.

1021 W Cherry St  Piggott, AR

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stop on I-55 on route to Memphis

As much as I love Arkansas, the drive down I-55 doesn't offer much to see except rice fields and sorghum. There's a tiny museum around Wilson, not sure it's even open regular hours. Arkansas is a beautiful state with wonderful parks and many scenic drives; unfortunately, I-55 isn't one of them! I grew up in eastern Arkansas and we spent most weekends on the road to other parts of the state!

3. Re: Where to stop on I-55 on route to Memphis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2014, 05:17