We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route 10 LA to Phoenix

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Route 10 LA to Phoenix

What are the road conditions in February on Route 10 between LA and Phoenix? Is there snow in the mountains that time of year?

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,294 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Route 10 LA to Phoenix

Road conditions should be just fine. February is normally a rainy period for us so a worst case scenario may just be some wet roads, less so as you get into the desert.

There normally is snow in the mountains then (San Bernardino National Forest) but you will not be driving through there.

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Route 10 LA to Phoenix

The 10 does not go through mountains and the freeway is open year round. It is a long boring drive though with very few places to stop once you get past the Palm Springs area and into the Phoenix area.

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Route 10 LA to Phoenix

Once you get past Indio, I-10 is a drive with spectacular desert vistas. Quite scenic, if you don't have a closed mind.

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Route 10 LA to Phoenix

I don't have a closed mind... I happen to enjoy the drive to and from Vegas, I just find the drive to Phoenix very long (probably because I drive it regularly) and very few places to stop to break up the length of the trip.

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Route 10 LA to Phoenix

Thank you all.

6. Re: Route 10 LA to Phoenix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 04:15