We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Diego Area Family Vacation

Michigan
11 posts
Save Topic
San Diego Area Family Vacation

We are planning a vacation to Southern California in May 2008. Our initial thought was San Diego because of the zoo/Sea World. We will be traveling with a 1 year old and 3 year old. My daughter has been talking about Mickey Mouse like crazy lately so we're now contemplating a day trip to Disneyland as well.

We would love any suggestions on other must sees that may not be an amusement park. Also, is Sea World worth the trip? I'm on the fence about it.

Any suggestions on what area to stay in? Maybe something centrally located. We are looking at accommodations in the moderate price range, however, we would like something with 2 rooms and at least a fridge and microwave for the babies.

I found the Embassy Suites in La Jolla that look very nice. I also looked at the Residence Inn in Oceanside.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We feel so overwhelmed with all of the options.

Thank you! Sorry for the rambling...

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Diego Area Family Vacation

I think Sea World depends on your 3 year old. When we went my older two had a great time - but my then 14 month old was restless the entire day - she couldn't go on the two rides and she didn't want to sit through any of the shows. There really wasn't much to keep her interest. She does much better at the Long Beach Aquarium (Aquarium of the Pacific).

The kids all LOVE Legoland. Most of the rides are for children who are at least 3 years old - but they have tons of play areas and fun things for the younger one to do. The bathrooms are very kid/family friendly as well.

If you go to Disney - I suggest spending a night there as it makes for a very long day driving up in the morning and returning in the evening. Disneyland is great for that age - both kids can go on almost everything in the park, plus you have shows and plenty of places to relax if necessary.

2. Re: San Diego Area Family Vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 17:16