We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Fish Camp to Las Vegas

gmg
uk
Level Contributor
29 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling from Fish Camp to Las Vegas

Hi can anyone let me know the best places to stop enroute from Fish Camp to Las Vegas. We will be going south towards Bakersfield and then onto I-15. Is there anything of interest on the way or can anyone recommend just a nice place to stop to eat?

many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Fish Camp
Fish Camp
California
Bakersfield
Bakersfield
California
Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Fish Camp to Las Vegas

Where will you be at lunchtime?

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Fish Camp to Las Vegas

There is really not much to see and do on this drive. Here is what I do. I stop and have a quick meal when I get hungry and need to get out and stretch my legs. It is usually just a fast food type meal. I save my nice meals (and $$)for when I get to Las Vegas where the dining selection is much better.

Mentioned in this post
Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from Fish Camp to Las Vegas

"There is really not much to see and do on this drive."

Where do people come up with flapdoodle such as this?

It is an incredibly scenic drive. gmg, you'll love it.

As far as things to do, it depends on what you like doing. Also, keep in mind that it's a long drive, so you won't have loads of time to "do" other things.

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling from Fish Camp to Las Vegas

"There is really not much to see and do on this drive."

Where do people come up with flapdoodle such as this?

It is an incredibly scenic drive. gmg, you'll love it."

After visiting Yosemite, you think this drive will be scenic? I have made this drive more than 100 times, and I still think it is a boring drive.

You have posted twice on this subject, and have given the OP so much good information. I am sure they appreciate all the dining and stopping sugestions that you posted.

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling from Fish Camp to Las Vegas

Rather than give poor advice, as you seem to prefer to do, I rely on the OP to give me adequate information before taking a shot in the dark.

When gmg responds to my queries, gmg will get helpful advice from me.

Your "it's boring" advice is both worthless and misleading.

gmg
uk
Level Contributor
29 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling from Fish Camp to Las Vegas

Hi we will be leaving Fish Camp about 11am and starting the journey south from there. I would imagine we ill be stopping about 2.30 to 3pm to eat but im not sure whereabouts we will be. If you have any suggestions i would be grateful. We are just looking for maybe a nice little town if thats possible, we are not looking to stop for long as we have a long journey ahead.

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Fish Camp
Fish Camp
California
Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling from Fish Camp to Las Vegas

That will put you in Tehachapi. Not a small town, exactly, but not a teeming metropolis, either.

My choice would be for some good American grub:

Mountain Crossing Restaurant

416 W. Tehachapi Blvd.

Tehachapi, CA 93561

661-823-0450

Now that we've narrowed to Tehachapi, I'm sure some local will come up with a great stop.

You might end up making it a bit farther to Mojave, and all I know of there is a good burger place...good, but certainly not "nice".

Mentioned in this post
Tehachapi
Tehachapi
California
8. Re: Travelling from Fish Camp to Las Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 07:20