We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I stay at LAX hotel?

Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Should I stay at LAX hotel?

We are staying in Palm Desert and have a 12 noon flight home to Toronto on a Wednesday in August. Should we book our last night at an airport hotel to miss the traffic? Or what time would we have to leave Palm Desert to ensure we don't miss our flight? We have a rental car to return too.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
29,587 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I stay at LAX hotel?

i would stay in LA the night before the flight, traffic on the 10 is too risky. Your other option would be to leave Palm Desert at about 6AM, no later. But why not make it a nice night and stay in Marina del Rey (minutes from LAX) with beautiful views of the ocean and the boats? There are many reasonable hotels in MDR.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
17,433 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I stay at LAX hotel?

Traffic is so unpredictable, deffinatly spent the night before in the L.A.Area just to be safe. In addition to Marina Del Rey you might want to look into the Santa Monica area. There you can nicely walk around at night, have some nice dinner, take in the ocean and most importantly, cool off after spending time in the brutal heat that you will encounter in Palm Dessert

3. Re: Should I stay at LAX hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 16:19
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor