We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 day getaway for couple? located in Los Angeles

London, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
3 day getaway for couple? located in Los Angeles

Where is the best place for a couple to getaway to for 3 days? We live in Los Angeles and want to leave at the end of May. Some places we have considered are: Encanada Mexico, Napa Valley, Sedona Arizona, or Yosemite. If anyone can think of something better as well let me know!

FYI- I went to school in Santa Barbara so we want something new...

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,868 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 day getaway for couple? located in Los Angeles

I replied to this in the other forum you posted it in.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,254 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 day getaway for couple? located in Los Angeles

try www.salishlodge.com

Level Contributor
34,757 posts
895 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 day getaway for couple? located in Los Angeles

How about Palm Springs or Laguna Beach? We had a very nice 3 day stay at the Casa Laguna Inn which was very romantic. I have a review posted of our time there this past December for an anniversary trip.

Have you been to to the Carmel/Monterey area? This is a beautiful area of the CA coast with many romantic inns and Bed and Breakfasts for lodging. Check out the Old Monterey Inn in Monterey or the Tickle Pink Inn in the Carmel Highland's area for romantic places to stay in this area. Have fun! :)

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,266 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 day getaway for couple? located in Los Angeles

Best getaway would be Big Sur, to my mind.

three rivers
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 day getaway for couple? located in Los Angeles

Go see the giant sequoias in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Largest trees in the world and only a 4-5 hour drive from L.A.

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 day getaway for couple? located in Los Angeles

Are you looking for four stars? Camping? Outdoorsy? Dining and wining?

How about river rafting on the American River. Yosemite or Kings Canyon?

Paso Robles for wine tasting?

Lake Forest
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 day getaway for couple? located in Los Angeles

We've spent time in all four of the locations you're thinking about. I'd put Ensenada behind the other three. Napa/Sonoma is wonderful if you're into wine-tasting, nice restaurants, and shopping (Sonoma Plaza). Sedona is beautiful in a unique way. We loved the B&B we stayed at there and had a great time mountain biking, hiking, shopping, and eating out. And Yosemite is amazing...If you have not been there, it's a must. You cannot go wrong with any of these choices.

8. Re: 3 day getaway for couple? located in Los Angeles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 04:20