We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help planning itinerary!

Somerset, NJ
3 posts
Save Topic
Need help planning itinerary!

Hi there! My partner and I are currently trying to plan a trip to CA- we'd like the itinerary to include San Fran, Napa, and potentially Yosemite. We only have 7 days, and are flying out of Newark, NJ (not that that makes any difference). We're 25, and as new homeowners, kind of on a budget. For lodging, we'd be willing to spend up to about $200 a night. Ideally, the entire trip including airfare, would be around $2000, or a little bit more. Any suggestions on places to stay in either of those places?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help planning itinerary!

When are you planning to make the trip? This could be pertinent.

For Yosemite, I would recommend that you stay in the valley at the lodge or Curry...advance reservations are a must, see www.yosemitepark.com

For SF and Napa, see the TA hotel listings.

Somerset, NJ
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help planning itinerary!

Looking for advice regarding time of travel too, actually. Thinking about maybe late April into May?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help planning itinerary!

Anytime in that period should be nice. The earlier in the spring that you visit will mean better waterfalls at Yosemite.

The Napa Valley will be warming up in the daytimes by that time but still chilly in the evening. It's always cooler in SF so plan to bring clothes that can be layered.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help planning itinerary!

Yosemite is the toughest to get lodging, although San Francisco occasionally becomes difficult if there is a big convention in town, so I would book Yosemite first, then San Francisco, then Napa. You will need to rent a car for Napa and probably for Yosemite, but while staying in San Francisco, you do not need a car.

5. Re: Need help planning itinerary!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 18:19