We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Mendocino - Portland - Seattle

CA
Level Contributor
42 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from Mendocino - Portland - Seattle

My husband just returned from his deployment and I am planning a nice, romantic travel from Fairfield CA to Mendocino then up to Portland and then Seattle. We have stayed at the Glendeven Inn in Mendocino before and really loved it. I am wondering if you have any suggestions for interesting places to see and where to stay on the way to Portland as I dont want to drive in one day all the way to Portland. Also any recommendations on hotels in Portland as well as Seattle. Looking for good location, quiet rooms and pleasant and clean atmosphere. Any recommendations would be appreciate it!!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,887 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from Mendocino - Portland - Seattle

Hi Vacation_addicted and welcome to the forums. As you see, I'm an Oregon destination expert, so I would invite you to post your question on the Oregon and Washington forums.

A couple of questions for you to help us . . .

How long do you have for your trip?

Do you have time to go up the Oregon coast? There are several romantic inns along the coast. If you do not have time for the coast, there are some nice B&B's in the Rogue Valley area.

What is your approximate budget for lodging?

As far as pointing out interesting places to you, what do you like to do and see?

This sounds like a great idea and I am glad your husband returned safely :-)

CA
Level Contributor
42 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from Mendocino - Portland - Seattle

Thanks for getting back to me. We have around ten days to travel or to stay longer in one place if needed. We like hiking, just nature as it is and cultural things like museums . I dont have really a budget for travel, because vacations are very important to us and its one of the things we spend on. I would like to stay around $200 a night if possible. How do I switch from the CA forum to the OR or WA forum?

Any advise or ideas are highly appreciate it. Since we moved to CA in 2007 we used a lot of reviews and ideas from this website and it worked out so far :-)

Again thanks!

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling from Mendocino - Portland - Seattle

Nothing to do with your topic, but please tell your husband that an old Vietnam Vet says; "welcome home and thank you very much for serving our country and being a Warrior". Chuck...

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,887 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling from Mendocino - Portland - Seattle

Go to the main USA listing page and click on Oregon or Washington:

tripadvisor.com/ListForums-g191-United_State…

You have 10 days to travel, or does that include your time in Portland and Seattle?

Chuck, I do believe that's the nicest post you've ever done ;-)

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling from Mendocino - Portland - Seattle

Thanks, Half-Britt. It's from the heart. Chuck...

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
400 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling from Mendocino - Portland - Seattle

The Oregon coast is beautiful!

In Portland I wouldn't hesitate to recommend staying at The Kennedy School http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?loc=57

as somewhere different and special to stay. I would also recommend travelling from Portland to Seattle via the Columbia River Gorge Scenic Byway then over the Mt Rainier via the Chinook Scenic Byway.

CA
Level Contributor
42 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling from Mendocino - Portland - Seattle

Thanks for the wishes!!! We have ten days for the travel starting in Fairfield and coming back. I posted also in the OR forum and Washington forum. We loved Glendeven Inn in Mendocino. We stayed there before he left and I thought it would be great to stay there again for one night. here is the link I can only recommend it!!

http://www.glendeven.com/

8. Re: Traveling from Mendocino - Portland - Seattle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2010, 06:15