We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving down the coast to SFO

Seattle, Washington
1 post
Save Topic
Driving down the coast to SFO

Hi there. My boyfriend and I are planning a road trip for the end of September, and are going to drive down the coast to San Francisco. Does anyone have any 'must see' recommendations?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving down the coast to SFO

Do stop at Humboldt Redwoods, south of Eureka see tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g33249-d18… . Wineries around Healdsburg are great see tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g32482-Activitie… .

SFO stands for San Francisco International Airport.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,923 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving down the coast to SFO

You will probably get more response if you post on the Road Trip or Oregon Coast Forums. Half-Brit is bound to offer some advice.

I say don't miss the Columbia River Gorge or Napa Valley. Also, plan on at least a couple of full days in SF. Don't know much about the Oregon Coast area...

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,923 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving down the coast to SFO

Here is a good trip report on the Oregon Coast.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1438848-i12636-k2…

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,351 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving down the coast to SFO

Try to find time to hike the Fern Canyon in Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park.

www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=25172

5. Re: Driving down the coast to SFO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2010, 06:32