We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anything to see?

hampshire
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
anything to see?

I shall be travelling form Las Vegas to Agoura Hills at the beginning of september as part of my road trip with the family. I have googled the route and it looks to be about 300 miles mainly on the 15. Can anyone recommend where to break this journey say for lunch and also if there is anything of particular interest along this route to break the journey for the family.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,384 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anything to see?

I haven't been there for a while but the Mad Greek in Baker is a fun place to stop. You can also see the world's tallest thermometer there.

Baker is about an hour and a half out of Vegas.

Any particular reason you are staying in Agoura Hills?

hampshire
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: anything to see?

Thanks for the reply. We are heading up the coast the next day staying at San Luis Obispo the next night on our way back to San Francisco. Thought Agoura Hills sounded quite nice and a comfortable distance from Las Vegas. Maybe we should go a bit further say to Ventura.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,384 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anything to see?

Agoura Hills is quite nice and comfortable, but as a residential suburb. (My wife went to High School there) There is really not much to see or do there except spend the night.

How about Santa Barbara? You can bypass driving through LA and it would not take too much extra time. I suppose the ages and size of your family may change your decision.

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anything to see?

It is about a four and a half hour drive to Agoura Hills - we just did it. Calico Ghost Town is on the way back - it is about a 3 hour detour though by the time you drive there, spend time and hit the road again. We normally cut across on the Pearblossom Highway. While it is a two lane highway - we find it easier than going all the way down to the 210.

Also at State Line - there is a roller coaster and some other rides. Depends on the age of your kids whether this is a good idea or not.

Agoura Hills is quiet and residential - but very family friendly with lots of parks and restaurants. Ventura is only another hour - and is on the beach.

5. Re: anything to see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2010, 07:26