We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

California 4 night beach holiday ... suggestions

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
California 4 night beach holiday ... suggestions

Hey everyone,

we are doing another trip to the USA and have decided to spend 4 nights of our holiday at the beach! We would love some suggestions on where in California? We are off in November so it will be a little on the cooler side. Also needs to be a family friendly destination as we have a baby.

Thanks so much! xx

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,359 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: California 4 night beach holiday ... suggestions

What is your budget? California is HUGE, what else do you planning on doing while visiting, Lots of suggestions, just need a bit more info. THANKS.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,927 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: California 4 night beach holiday ... suggestions

My top two suggestions would be Carmel and Laguna Beach. Both are wonderful towns with a great beach and attractions nearby. For Carmel, you would fly into San Jose or San Francisco. For Laguna Beach, you would fly into Orange County or LAX.

A few other beach options:

Santa Barbara

La Jolla

Coronado Island

Hope this helps. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these.

Your same question was covered pretty well in this post:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28926-i29-k303710…

LA
Level Contributor
10,509 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: California 4 night beach holiday ... suggestions

California in NOvember will not be a warm beach vacation. The water will not be warm enough to get into. You will be wearing light jackets and be prepared for rain.

Hawaii is a much better choice for a beach vacation in November.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: California 4 night beach holiday ... suggestions

Thanks everyone! Budget is probably around $200-$300 per night.

We are from Australia so we are just wanting some time to relax and chill out before getting on the plane to go home (doing 13 days in NY and 5 days in LA).

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,665 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: California 4 night beach holiday ... suggestions

Is there anyway you could reroute your return trip to Australia through Hawaii? I know its possible because when we flew to Sycney that was an option, except we were using FF miles and there was no opening for that route.

We aren't very good on beaches in November. If you must, I suggest San Diego.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
64,646 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: California 4 night beach holiday ... suggestions

A quick flight to Cabo San Lucas (Mexico) from LAX will yield many great choices ~ warm water, sunshine, and relaxation. But Cabo is definitely not in California!

Good luck finding a fun spot.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: California 4 night beach holiday ... suggestions

Thanks for the replies. I think we will skip the beach! Seems too cold ... we can't change our international flights so we are looking at other destinations.

Thanks so much!!

san gabriel
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: California 4 night beach holiday ... suggestions

Hello

If you are flying to LA then then the only place for sun would be the desert - head to palm springs - Rancho Las Palmas (think that is right) looks very kid friendly. I'm from the UK and live in Pasadena - we head to the desert in Nov - Feb or ski in mountains - see Big Bear, Tahoe, Mammoth - beaches will be lovely but stay in a hotel with a heated pool and be prepared for possible rain (Ihave also known it to be in the 80's).

9. Re: California 4 night beach holiday ... suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2010, 04:16