We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't fly to Hawaii so I need another alternative

Forestville...
Level Contributor
194 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Can't fly to Hawaii so I need another alternative

Is there a way "non-7 day cruise way" of getting from anywhere in California to anywhere in Hawaii.

We are planning a trip to Hawaii from Californina and flying is totally out. And we don't want to spend 7 days on a cruise ship.

We just want to get to Hawaii. Any ideas on how to get to in Hawaii in a timely manner without a plane?

Thanks,

Spa

hollywood
Level Contributor
887 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't fly to Hawaii so I need another alternative

no

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't fly to Hawaii so I need another alternative

I don't see any alternatives but a cruise to Hawaii or flying to Hawaii from California.

Forestville...
Level Contributor
194 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't fly to Hawaii so I need another alternative

Thanks for your input.

I do appreciate it.

El Segundo, CA
Level Contributor
380 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't fly to Hawaii so I need another alternative

Taking a plane from LA to CA isn't too bad. It's about a 5 hour journey. What we usually do, we take a morning flight getting to Hawaii and coming back to LA we usually take a redeye flight, which we usually sleep all the way on the plane. They've had great packages with Pleasant Holidays, sometimes I see $499 7 night package to Honolulu with r/t airfare from LA and complete hotel stay, if budget is your concern.

El Segundo, CA
Level Contributor
380 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't fly to Hawaii so I need another alternative

I meant taking a plane from LA to Hawaii.

Windermere, Florida
Level Contributor
752 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can't fly to Hawaii so I need another alternative

Why is flying totally out? Is it fear? I have a terrible fear of flying (finally figured out that I am a control freak and need to know what that pilot is doing!) but have taken Xanex and listen to a cd of hymns non-stop to combat my fear. Xanex works wonders for anxiety, as does ativan.

We have flown from LA to Hawaii and it was a great flight...very smooth, depending on the time of year.