We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions

Level Contributor
134 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
suggestions

any musts that we would need to see on the drive from Texas to Arizona to California(l.a) area

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,176 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions

>>any musts that we would need to see on the drive from Texas to Arizona to California(l.a) area>>

You are kidding, right? If you are from Texas you must know the vast area you are speaking of.

Of course there are "musts".

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions

Probably need to know what route you've planned to take. But I have been saving this list about what to see in Arizona cuz some of the things on the list do sound interesting to me:

http://www.placestoseeinarizona.com/

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestions

Hi Texas Girl - there's a somewhat hidden but great resource here on Trip Advisor for this sort of question, which is Trip Advisor's Road Trip Forum. I suggest asking your question there, as they can probably give you some good advice beyond what you might get in this forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Tri…

Generally the route from Texas to LA will take you on I-10 through most of Arizona and on in to California. Before you reach LA in CA at least you'll be in mainly desert areas. Palm Springs is on I-10 before LA, and Joshua Tree National Park is nearby. Beyond that I'm not sure there's really that much of note on the California leg of such a journey.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suggestions

It looks like texasgirl is from Amarillo, so the I-40 is the way to go. I'd stop at Petrified Forest, Grand Canyon, and maybe one of the "ghost towns" of Oatman, AZ or Calico, CA.

5. Re: suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2010, 06:23