We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Far- Long Beach Airport to Donehy Beach

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How Far- Long Beach Airport to Donehy Beach

We will be flying into LB Airport, landing at 9:30p.m. after a 5 hour flight. We are heading to Donehy Beach for a few days. Should we just stay the night in Long Beach and get an early start. I just saw a post that says LB isn't that close to Laguna area. After a long flight, we probably won't be up for long drive. Is it over an hour?

Thanks very much in advance :) Happy 4th!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Far- Long Beach Airport to Donehy Beach

If you mean Doheny State Beach in Dana Point, it is about 45 miles south. Take the I-405 South from LGB, it merges with the I-5, continue to Exit 79, Highway 1 north. You can also take the toll road Highway 73 from the I-405 which also merges into the I-5. This route is slightly shorter and may have less traffic, but is a toll road.

I would not stay over in Long Beach, because the advantage of driving at night is that you will have less traffic. The ride should be under one hour at night and there would be no need of using the toll road. While driving, listen to radio station KNX AM 1070 which will advise you of any traffic problems (although traffic problems are unlikely at that time).

Edited: 03 July 2010, 16:29
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How Far- Long Beach Airport to Donehy Beach

Great!! Thanks so very much for responding!

3. Re: How Far- Long Beach Airport to Donehy Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2010, 06:18