We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 day trip from dec 20th to 31st

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
181 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
10 day trip from dec 20th to 31st

planning to visit yosemite,vegas,grand canyon and LA.Flying into SFO and flying out of LA.

Is this possible and any specific suggestions. How is yosemite and GC during the winters?

can someone suggest a route plan?

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 day trip from dec 20th to 31st

Hi

Aren't you spending time in San Francsico, LA and Las Vegas on your way? 10 days will not be enough to do it all I'm afraid Tioga Pass in Yosemite NP will be closed and please read this for driving in Yosemite in winter: www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/chains.htm GCNP is at 7000 ft and also snow can occur.

How long do you want to spend in the cities?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
181 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 day trip from dec 20th to 31st

2 days in SFO, 1 day in yosemite, 1 day in GC, 2 days in vegas, 3 days in LA

I can look at 3 days for driving. hence a total of 12 days.

what u are saying i cannot visit yosemite in december from SFO so i can look at spending 2 days in san diego

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 day trip from dec 20th to 31st

You can visit Yosemite in winter but in case of snowy conditions you'll need to carry chains in the car.

So with 12 days you could do this:

1. Arrive SF

2 and 3: SF

4. Drive to Yosemite

5. Yosemite

6. Drive in the Las Vegas direction via Bakersfield (or maybe even to Las Vegas same day, App. 9 hours from Yosemite in good conditions)

7 and 8 Las Vegas

9. Drive to GCNP

10.Drive to Los Angeles (8-9 hours dfrive)

11 and 12: Los Angeles

Between Las Vegas and Las Vegas with a detour is Death Valley NP. Another great NP. Maybe skip one day Vegas and add it to GCNP.

Tet

4. Re: 10 day trip from dec 20th to 31st

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2011, 06:17