We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Between Sequoia and Sacramento

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
8 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Between Sequoia and Sacramento

Suggestions are welcome for the last day of our vacation. After spending a couple days each in Yosemite, Sequioa and Kings, we leave Three Rivers on Friday, Oct.1 and head back towards Sacramento as we need to catch a flight out from there around noon on Sat. Oct. 2nd. We would have liked to spend a little time in Tahoe but I am guessing that is too far a drive to get in any sight seeing there.

Any suggestions as to something that isn't "to be missed" between Sequoia and Sacramento and would also make a good stopover for the night? (two 50something adults and no hiking.) It also needs to be within a couple hours driving time of Sacramento airport.

Recommendations on good food are appreciated too. Thanks in advance for your time.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Between Sequoia and Sacramento

Why not consider Sacramento itself. Fantastic railroad museum and interesting old town area by the river. State Capitol and Sutter's Fort and other places of interest as well, see tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g32999-Activitie…

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
55,739 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Between Sequoia and Sacramento

I like fromdelmar's idea, but you could also look at the Hwy 49 California Gold Rush country. tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i15016-Highway_…

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Between Sequoia and Sacramento

Upon further thought, I note you actually have very little time, with your noon flight out of SMF. It's about 4+ hours from Three Rivers to Sacramento and the Railroad Museum --the top attraction (see this review in particular tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g32999-d1027… ) is open 10-5, so if you can leave Three Rivers no later than 8am and drive directly to Sacramento Old Town, you would have time to see the museum and browse the shops and attractions of the adjacent Old Town area. Check the reviews for restaurants as I recall there are good restaurants in the area.

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
8 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Between Sequoia and Sacramento

Thank you delmar and pacific nw for your ideas, I think going to Old Town in Sacramento is a good idea and to enjoy a relaxing evening. Thank you again.

5. Re: Between Sequoia and Sacramento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2011, 05:17