We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Trip San Francisco to Las Vegas via Yosemite June 2011

Norfolk England
3 posts
Save Topic
Road Trip San Francisco to Las Vegas via Yosemite June 2011

We are planning a trip next year (end June) and would like some advice please (2 adults plus 18yr son). Our travel agent has given us the following itinerary: 3 Nights Handlery Hotel, San Francisco, 3 Nights View Lodge, Yosemite, 1 Night Wuksachi Lodge, Sequoia, 2 Nights Furnace Creek Ranch, Death Valley, 4 Nights Luxor, Las Vegas. We would appreciate advice on what is best to see on our way. Also, is it worth changing things slightly to go from San Francisco to Sacramento and Lake Tahoe then down to Yosemite? Also, any advice on alternative hotels in any of the areas and suggestions in changing the amount of nights in each location would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road Trip San Francisco to Las Vegas via Yosemite June 2011

How long do you have for this trip? So far, you have 13nights, if you wanted to go to Lake Tahoe, you need to extend your trip for at least 2 nights in Tahoe.

3 nights, is a short stay, in SF, I'd try for 4-5nights -- hotel reviews here; tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g60713-d81019…

We stayed at the View Lodge, in Yosemite, I wouldn't really recommend this hotel, it's old, outdated and outside of the park, I'd look for lodging INSIDE the park, have alook on http://www.yosemitepark.com/ and see what's left, most lodging fills up a year in advance.

Can't help on Sequoia, but here's a helpful thread on how to drive from Sequioa to DVNP tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g143021-i2027-k3…

2 nights in a good amount for DVNP especially in the summer months! It gets hot

Luxor, isn't the best hotel in Vegas, at least your travel agent hasn't put your in the Circus Circus or Strat, have a look on the Vegas forums, there are alot of better hotels out there, and can be got cheap, booking direct through the hotel, no travel agent. Remember the legal drinking/gambling age in USA is 21, so your 18yr is a minor and probably won't have alot of fun in Vegas, seem though this is the longest place your staying put for.

Happy Planning :D

2. Re: Road Trip San Francisco to Las Vegas via Yosemite June 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2011, 07:22