We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Vegas and where else? LA? Nevada

London, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Las Vegas and where else? LA? Nevada

We are planning our first trip to Las Vegas in Nov/Dec time. Flying out from UK probably for about 7 days. How many days do we need in Vegas and where else should we visit other than Grand Canyon? Or is that all we will have time for?

I like the look of the Venetian but the Bellagio is in a lot of movies. Any thoughts on hotels? Is Cesars Palace worth looking at?

Thank you

FC

Mentioned in this post
Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve
Canyons, Nature & Wildlife Areas, State Parks
Noble Canyon
Canyons, Biking Trails
Peters Canyon Regional Park
Canyons, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Biking Trails, Hiking Trails
Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Vegas and where else? LA? Nevada

This is more for the Las Vegas forum, but anyway with 7 days I'd just stick with Vegas and GCNP. 5 nights in Vegas with day trips to Red Rock Canyon, Fire Valley etc..., then 2 nights in GCNP though I'm not sure what the weathers like then, so you might only need 1, head of to the GCNP and ask. I wouldn't rush and try and squeeze too many places in, or if you fly into LA first spend 3 nights, 1 night in GCNP, then 3 for Vegas -- maybe but that's alittle rushed.

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
66,735 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Vegas and where else? LA? Nevada

Hi FizzChick

When you repost on the Las Vegas forum tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g45963-i10-Las_Veg… be sure to tell them this is a winter visit. The South Rim of the Grand Canyon is at 7,000 ft elevation, so it's definitely winter there!

I'd suggest you consider adding Death Valley to your itinerary. Nov/Dec is a great time to see this National Park. However, you need to have lodging reservations and this is high season for DV. (This is a California destination.)

A day trip to Hoover Dam might be nice, as well as a day's drive to Lake Mead and in the east entrance of Valley of Fire State Park. Then loop back to LV that night. Valley of Fire: tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g45984-d10…

Are you avoiding our extremely busy Thanksgiving Weekend?

Mentioned in this post
London, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Vegas and where else? LA? Nevada

Thank you for your advice and will post on Las Vegas forum.

FC

Mentioned in this post
London, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Vegas and where else? LA? Nevada

Thank you

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Vegas and where else? LA? Nevada

Hi i stayed at venetian, it is lovely,but the downstairs is better than the roomsi felt.... but after looking at most hotels, whilst there, i felt the mirage had a nicer atmosphere.

we went on a trip organised by virgin, which is available if you ask at your hotel. to the desert, where you go on a horse , its great fun, and i dont like horses that much, my 2nd time on one...

such a laugh...you get fed as well.

6. Re: Las Vegas and where else? LA? Nevada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 09:17