We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with trip please

Level Contributor
3 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
help with trip please

I am a little confused on what order to do our holiday..we are planning to do LA, Anaheim, San Francisco, LA and San Diego. I was thinking fly to LA, than fly straight away to San Francisco than hire a car and drive down coast to Anaheim, than San Diego, than LA, than drive to Vegas, than fly back to LA and fly straight home. Ideas appreciated

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with trip please

Why fly to LA, then onto SF...instead just fly straight to SF. The same for on the way back, get a flight home from Vegas.

I don't know what long you have for this trip, or when it is.

But flying into SF, driving down the coast, spending a few days driving down [as you'll be driving through Big Sur, a beautiful stretch of road(if open)], LA, Anaheim, San Diego, than either drive of fly to Vegas. Then flying home from Vegas is a good start. Or vice versa etc...

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,926 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with trip please

How did Vegas sneaked into your plan? I agree why not fly to SF, then return via LA or Vegas using an open jaw reservation.

Level Contributor
3 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help with trip please

Thanks all, we have a month and I have already booked the flights return to LA. Vegas is in there as I want to go to the Grand Canyon. Is it better to drive LA to San Francisco or the other way?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
59,272 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with trip please

There is information about the Hwy 1 drive between Los Angeles and San Francisco linked to the Top Questions about California in the upper right.

When are you planning to visit? What does your itinerary look like now?

5. Re: help with trip please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2012, 07:17