We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Francisco

9 posts
Save Topic
San Francisco

We are looking at visiting San Francisco in November and am looking for any tips on where to visit, how long an ideal visit would be and any accommodation recommendations... I keep getting conflicting responses when I ask around about accommodation... Some people are saying to stay at fishermans whale and others are saying to stay in the down town area?

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Francisco

Start by going onto the San Francisco forum (you're on the statewide California forum) and looking at the FAQs in the upper right of the screen about where to go and what to do. It really depends on what you like to do, what your budget is etc. There really is no right amount of time, depending on your interests, you could easily spend a week or even more in San Francisco without getting bored.

I'm a proponent of staying downtown in the center of the city's activities and its transit system--I've never seen the attraction of staying at Fishermen's Wharf.

Once you've refined your questions a bit, re-post on the San Francisco forum, you're likely to get more response.

2. Re: San Francisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2013, 10:30