We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Parks

Al Khobar, Saudi...
Level Contributor
48 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Water Parks

Wanted to know if there are any famous, large water parks in LA or San Francisco. I will be going in June and would like to know if I can add this activity to my list.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Parks

In the LA area there are a few large waterparks. Knott's Soak City adjacent to Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park, Six Flag's Hurricane Harbor in Valencia, adjacent to Six Flag's Magic Mountain, and Raging Waters in San Dimas (this is the water park where the waterpark scenes in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure were filmed). None of these are in central LA but would be in most cases about an hours drive. There's also another Knott's Soak City near Palm Springs, about 2 hours east of LA.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,460 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Parks

The only water park I'd recommend in Los Angeles for a foreign visitor is Knott's Soak City in Buena Park. Raging Waters I'd especially avoid.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Parks

Here is a full list...

…about.com/cs/waterparks/a/CAwaterparks.htm

A few things I noted, the Great Wolf Lodge in Garden Grove is just starting building, and not yet available.

Wild Rivers In Irvine is closed, but looks like they will re-open in nearby location (Great Park) in a couple of years.

The Temecula Park is one that is in the planning stages and not yet built.

Also in the San Francisco Bay Area, California's Great America in Santa Clara is a combination park, with a decent sized Water Park as part of the "Theme Park", so you get two parks for the price of one.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Parks

In addition to Boomerang Bay at Great America in Santa Clara

cagreatamerica.com/things-to-do/boomerang-bay

there is a water park in Concord east of SF:

http://www.waterworldcalifornia.com/

You can take BART to Concord and then take County Connections bus right to the park.

5. Re: Water Parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 10:15