We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Diego first trip - want reasonable hotel with few kids

Jacksonville, FL
Level Contributor
73 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
San Diego first trip - want reasonable hotel with few kids

Hello,

Never been to San Diego. After my conference I wanted a romantic hotel or decent if not romantic. I've read many are crawling with kids. I have no idea about the city at all and don't really have plans of what to do. I'd prefer walking/beaches to the zoo/Sea World.

Any suggestions for an area that may be good as well as hotel for some peace and quiet? Going in August. Is this even possible? I can't believe how expensive hotels and parking at the hotels is!

Thank you very much.

Also, are there REALLY rattlesnakes on the beach like some reviews say?????

San Diego...
Level Contributor
10,192 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Diego first trip - want reasonable hotel with few kids

I'd like to see those reviews! I've lived in San Diego for 30 years and have never once seen a rattlesnake on a beach. In the canyons inland, quite possible. In the mountains or deserts, quite possible. But on the beach? I have to read that. Do you have a link?

You might even consider towns north of San Diego such as Del Mar, Solana Beach, Cardiff, Leucadia or Encinitas. These may be less crowded than the very popular and busy San Diego. Encinitas is known for good restaurants.

Jacksonville, FL
Level Contributor
73 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Diego first trip - want reasonable hotel with few kids

Thanks! I will try to find the reviews. There were several saying that there are signs on the beach saying beware of rattlesnakes...maybe they were just saying that? IDK, but gez who wants that! LOL

3. Re: San Diego first trip - want reasonable hotel with few kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 07:41