We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AA Membership and AAA Discounts

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
498 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
AA Membership and AAA Discounts

Hi,

I've read that the AAA and AA are affiliated, so you should be able to claim the AAA discount on hotels, however I wanted to check if anyone has any experience of this?

Also, what if you book on line, do you select the AAA discount and then arrive with the AA membership card?

We don't have AA at the moment (went down the RAC option this year), but if I can consistently get the AAA discount it's definately worth taking the basic £30 membership (even more so with cashback!), however if it's not commonly received, or causes upset I won't bother.

Any experience greatfully received!

Thanks

Susan

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
54,362 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AA Membership and AAA Discounts

aaa.com/PPInternational/Benefits_Intl_to_US.…

Yes you can use the AAA option at those sites that offer them and bring your card from Scotland with you.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,088 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AA Membership and AAA Discounts

RAC is honored as a form of AAA here in the U.S., you should have a number on the back of the card thats accepted for AAA use. You would just pick the AAA option when booking Hotels.

This thread should be helpful to you in how to use the discount

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29092-i65-k541814…

Edited: 22 June 2012, 16:03
Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
498 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AA Membership and AAA Discounts

Thanks belomiser, I'll order a basic AA card. happytotrip, sorry, I should have said, it's the UK RAC not the Australian RAC which is definately not affiliated (I called to check). It's a bit annoying as I was an AA member for years before we had a little fall out, but it's worth geting the card for the discounts.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AA Membership and AAA Discounts

Ok. I'm confused here. What is "AA"? I know it as Alcoholics Anomous. Thanks. Chuck...

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
54,362 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AA Membership and AAA Discounts

AA -- Automobile Association

http://www.theaa.com/

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
498 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AA Membership and AAA Discounts

Sorry, I did realise it might be misleading after I've posted. Definitely the auto mobile association. :-)

7. Re: AA Membership and AAA Discounts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2013, 05:41