We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Martinez CA to Napa

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Martinez CA to Napa

My husband and I will be taking the Zephyr to CA this fall, then going on to Napa for a few days. There is a several hour lay over to take the Amtrak bus from Martinez to Napa. I'm looking for a quicker way to get to Napa. Suggestions? Limo? Taxi? Other ways?

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Zephyr
Hotel Zephyr
2,612 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
Martinez
Martinez
California
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,009 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Martinez CA to Napa

Rent a car?

I think the cost of a taxi or limo would be prohibitive. I don't believe there is good public transportation between the two.

Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Martinez CA to Napa

If your staying in Napa, check with the motel & see if they know of any service that will pick you up.

Mentioned in this post
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
8,070 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Martinez CA to Napa

It looks like the wait is about 3 hours. Your train is often late so the wait may not be that long. There is no other form of public transport unless you get off the train in Richmond, take BART to El Cerrito del Norte and then take a VINE Express bus to Napa. This might save you an hour or so but only is possible on weekdays. Or, you could arrange for a limo pickup which would be expensive.

How are you going to get around in Napa? You might just rent a car in Martinez or get off the train in Sacramento and rent a car there. What are the rest of your trip plans?

Mentioned in this post
Richmond
Richmond
California
El Cerrito
El Cerrito
California
Norte
Norte
698 Reviews
Carlsbad, CA
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
Martinez
Martinez
California
Sacramento
Sacramento
California
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Martinez CA to Napa

Good idea. Thanks.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Martinez CA to Napa

We will only be in Napa a couple of days and don't want to rent a car, you have any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,009 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Martinez CA to Napa

How are you going to get around the Napa Valley for two days without a car?

Let along how you are going to get there in the first place, without a car or a VERY inconvenient transfer of some sort.

Mentioned in this post
Napa Valley
Napa Valley
California
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Martinez CA to Napa

We are taking the train to Martinez and then either Amtrak's bus service to Napa or some other way, if I can find a way that doesn't have the lay over that the Amtrak bus service does.

Staying in a downtown hotel, and going at a very relaxed pace for a couple of days, seeing downtown, maybe take the Wine Train.......

Mentioned in this post
Martinez
Martinez
California
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,009 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting from Martinez CA to Napa

Good luck on your transfer to Napa from Martinez....and have a lovely stay in Napa.

Mentioned in this post
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
Martinez
Martinez
California
9. Re: Getting from Martinez CA to Napa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 22:47